Are there scientists who are studying how to cure the withdrawal symptoms ?

[Es...]

Are there scientists who are studying how to cure the withdrawal symptoms somehow after Professor Ashton retires?

Is there a research institution that is doing such research?

I'm afraid I don't think so. They would need funding to do research, and where would they get the money? It seems we would know about that if it were the case. They would need to do genetic tests, for one thing. It's SO needed, but there doesn't seem to be any incentive to do it. I know I would desperately want to find out why some people walk away from benzos unscathed while others are living hell on earth for months or years. I would also want to know if there is any way whatsoever, besides time, to hurry the process of healing.

I'm afraid I don't think so. They would need funding to do research, and where would they get the money? It seems we would know about that if it were the case. They would need to do genetic tests, for one thing. It's SO needed, but there doesn't seem to be any incentive to do it. I know I would desperately want to find out why some people walk away from benzos unscathed while others are living hell on earth for months or years. I would also want to know if there is any way whatsoever, besides time, to hurry the process of healing.

Thanks for comment.

If they do not have money, does not motivation happen?

Do you do it for money?

Do not you do it for justice?

Benzo Phytotoxicity happened because of selfishness and money want.

Such people should be ashamed of it.

They should be judged by God.

Where is justice?

Where is sincerity?

I agree with you totally. I just don't have the answers. I think, if you read over in Benzos in the News, there are researchers who are looking into neurotransmitters and the changes they go through with benzo usage. Also they are finding that medications don't seem to counteract the symptoms. One of these days the lightbulb will go on and they'll realize that these are horrible drugs. It apparently hasn't hit them yet.

We are fortunate to have the Benzo Coalition and W-BAD. World Benzodiazepine Day is tomorrow. People are getting the word out. But I just have a hard time believing that doctors still have their heads in the sand. That's where we desperately need change. I'm sure you've heard from doctors who proclaim that there is no such thing as benzo withdrawal or it doesn't last more than a month. It's the doctors who need help and education in understanding that this does last, and it can last a long time. They are a very stubborn lot overall, but they're going to have to change.

[3c...]

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  :smitten:

What I wonder is how celebrities go through this shit then recover seemingly ok. Eminems story is insane, he took an absurd amount of valium and seems to be doing ok?

Steve nicks is another. Does the fact they have so much money give them an advantage in recovery? Maybe someone super rich going through withdrawal could look into it? Or all the sufferers could petition someone super rich to fund it.

What I wonder is how celebrities go through this shit then recover seemingly ok. Eminems story is insane, he took an absurd amount of valium and seems to be doing ok?

Steve nicks is another. Does the fact they have so much money give them an advantage in recovery? Maybe someone super rich going through withdrawal could look into it? Or all the sufferers could petition someone super rich to fund it.

Most people recover ok. Money might make you more comfortable while recovering but it isn't going to help you heal significantly faster. You are just pointing out two examples. There could very well be other rich celebs out there that take years to recover. Some people aren't as vocal as others about this so we will probably never know the full scope of it.

Also, the amount of benzos someone took doesn't directly correlate to how much or how long they suffer. There are people who walk away from years of high doses with few problems and people who were on a relatively small amount for only a few weeks who suffer for a long time.

Stevie Nicks had a horrendous recovery. She was relatively rapid detoxed from a very high dosage of clonazepam and spent the next two years recovering at her brothers home.  She could barely walk when she was discharged from the detox center and her hair, by her own account, turned completely grey.  You can read of these accounts online.

Steven Tyler did much better but he stated it was by far the worst detox in his life.  He was detoxed from xanax.

Stevie Nicks had a horrendous recovery. She was relatively rapid detoxed from a very high dosage of clonazepam and spent the next two years recovering at her brothers home.  She could barely walk when she was discharged from the detox center and her hair, by her own account, turned completely grey.  You can read of these accounts online.

Steven Tyler did much better but he stated it was by far the worst detox in his life.  He was detoxed from xanax.

Ah forgive my ignorance. That is interesting. It's mad to think when "normal people" have to leave jobs etc, never mind world famous actors/musicians etc. I just wonder if someone famous came out strongly against them would something change. I wonder where the tipping point comes from, one loud voice or a thousand quieter voices.

I remember when Stevie Nicks' story came out first in early 00's. There was a mention of a 47 day detox and that hell, but there was not a single mention of a 3 year recovery after that. But then again, the year was 2001 and I am not sure if the world was ready to hear the full truth. It just reinforced the idea that people can "just say no" and "stop things" just like that. Sure. Yes. File under fairy tales and urban legends and "just say no to tranquilizers". "Been on Klonopin for 8 years? Why not just....stop?"