Panic Disorder/Depression question

[Am...]

I am currently not on any ssris or anything for my anxiety and panic phobias and depression. I am in tolerance withdrawal with valium.

I'm agoraphobic my question is this will upping my dose help with the tolerance withdrawal I'm already on what I consider an insane amount and also is it best to medicate whilst in the benzos or after you have come off. Anyone with medication phobias I'd love to hear from too as I have something potentially life threatening and i haven't took my meds for that in such a long time. I'd like to know how to overcome this

Thanks

[6e...]

If you are in tolerance withdrawal, the valium itself is almost certainly the cause of your anxiety, phobias, and depression. That is exactly what happened to me when I went into tolerance on Ativan.

If upping your dose does temporarily help the agoraphobia, it will likely not do so for long, as you're already in tolerance. I would avoid up-dosing, if possible.

You can definitely overcome these issues, but in my opinion it would be best to taper off valium sensibly first (and put in a decent amount of healing time) before even considering additional psychiatric medication. You can definitely heal from the anxiety issues you describe!

(Not sure what your potentially life-threatening condition involves, however, i.e. whether it is 'mental' or physical...)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi - please try to take care of your diabetes. This is important. Uncontrolled blood sugars can just add to anxiety issues not to mention medical issues. If necessary, find someone to whom you can be accountable to on a daily basis in terms of checking your blood sugars and taking the appropriate meds. I know you are scared right now, but this needs to be kept up. A lab test for fasting glucose is probably in order and if it were me, I would see my doctor and tell her/him what's been going on with the diabetic meds so that the doctor can give you a proper work up. She/he may even be able to arrange for some sort of homecare person to stop by daily to help you stay the course for a while if you have no one to depend on. Think of it this way - taking care of the diabetes is a positive thing, not taking care of it is a negative thing. Hard as this is, please try to get on top of this issue.

• Popular Now

• [Lo...]