Awake but asleep

[Ma...]

New issue..

In the mornings and at night lately.. as i am asleep yet awake my mind is still dreaming. I say these odd things as if they are real and happened or is happening. Its scary becsuse as soon as i do it.. i try to  wake up  to get back to reality.

Anyone else do tbis?

This morning laying in bed i was talking nonsense as i drfted back and forth, and i knew it.. scary.

No,I have not had that but I do sometimes when I sleep I feel like I am awake and I come to think of it I do not know if I talk or not because there is no one to tell me otherwise. All I can tell you that it will pass in time. I have some crazy up and down sleep but it seems to begetting a little bit better. So far my sleep comes and goes so if I can get 5 hours a night I consider it a blessing considering there was a time where it would be every other night.

You might get more answers if you ask this question under the Insomnia topic.

• 1 month later...
Yes! During Acute I was talking up a storm as my dreams were so realistic, vivid and nasty. It  will subside.  Hang in there.

I think the dreaming thing stems from the fact that benzos suppress REM sleep. When you're tapering or when you're off, your brain will slowly start to adjust to normal sleeping cycles again and I guess the dreams can be very vivid in the start or maybe they're vivid because your brain hasn't re-learned to forget them.

Before benzos, I also had vivid dreams, but as I awakened I forgot almost everything.