Does Anyone Have Chest Pain Like Mine?

[Sh...]

One of my most debilitating symptoms is chest pain. This pain has been around since starting my withdrawal and it remains 15 months post withdrawal - three years later. It is not sharp, or stabbing, it is just an ache. It feels like an emotional pain, like intense heartache, and despite the fact that it is not caused by any known physical injury to my body, it can at time be described as the worst PHYSICAL pain that I have every experienced. It does go away for hours or sometimes a day, but it always returns. Sometimes it is not so bad, but occasionally it has been so bad that I feel an almost irresistible urge to run and scream.The insomnia is brutal, but this chest pain is absolutely the worst sensation I have ever experienced.

If anyone else has experienced anything similar or has an explanation please weigh in.

Hi Shaftoe,

I can relate tho I would describe it as an overwhelming feeling that all is not well, and I can’t divide up the physical and mental.  When I was earlier in withdrawal and felt like that, I would burst into tears sometimes without notice. Sometimes I would wake up and just think the only way to describe how I felt was agony.  Emotional and physical anguish. It has reduced now, one year out, to a burning sensation where it used to feel like electricity that was shredding my internal organs. I used to look at my legs and wonder how they could look normal when there was such szzzzz and pain running thru them.

Tiny

• 2 weeks later...
I just talked to my naturopath about this.... he said that SIBO/Leaky gut/Candida can cause this as well as an open illeocecal valve (which can be closed pretty easily with help or yourself). I was so worried for days that there was something wrong with my heart. At least that's what it was for me.

Around 5 month CT, I developed such a symptom. However, it was concomitant with insomnia and what feels like brain tear. Mine was considerable more intense. It was a stabbing pain that I would score as 8/10 and made me very very suicidal as it was basically torture.

I don't know if it will go away on its own, but it did slowly ebb away during my hospital stay and after discharge. Whether it is due to the treatment, I don’t know.

Yes, I have sparodic chest pain, most often when I wake up early in the morning.....though I have had it during the day, also.  Doesn't last for long, and it just feels like a big ache.....the other day, though, it was a sharp pain right below my chest, under my breast, this came and went......sadness seems to go along with it......I am going on 2 years 3 months Benzo free and am 76, so it could be my heart!