Help! Was doing great with liquid taper till 5 mg valium

[Ma...]

I went from ativan to valium, crossover ok. 15 mg valium To 10 mg no sweat.  Held at 10 last summer so I could enjoy life a little, started dry cuts in Sept.  1/2 mg per. Switched to liquid taper, minimal symptoms felt very optimistic.  Now at 5 mg  am almost starting to loose it again.  this is where I lost it before with larger dry cuts.  I know I have to hold at 5 for a while now.  Am feeling discouraged, because my plan was going to take me another 10 - 12 months, and now it is going to be longer.  I have already been at this 18 months.  Somewhere here I saw a sub group called the "5 mg group".  Cannot find it. can someone link me to it?  Seems like a lot of folks seem to have to overcome a major hurdle at this level.  It is 5 am Eastern time US and have not slept.  Was sleeping a ful! 8 hours a night until this week!

Hi Marja2,

I think it's awesome you held for a summer to give yourself a break before getting back to it. I'm not sure I would have the willpower for that. I had a tough time when I went below 5 mg also; my anxiety in particular went through the roof. I'm sorry to hear that it's taking you so long. I haven't seen a 5 mg Valium group, but there's one for 3 mg and under that's pretty active. Hang in there, and I hope you find some relief soon!

Gwinna