Are y'all sure you can't die from this?

[St...]

How much can one person take? I mean, I feel like it's impossible for me to ever feel sleepy or feel like I could go to bed and go right to sleep. Are y'all sure we can't die from unrefreshed sleep?

Well All My sleep has been piss poor since 2014 so Unrefreshed sleep so far for me Im still alive but feel terrible, No Sleep Period for days on end could kill you if its hard on your heart

I think My Brain is probably damaged, I feel Tired but not horribly yet I only slept 2 hours early in the morning

How much can one person take? I mean, I feel like it's impossible for me to ever feel sleepy or feel like I could go to bed and go right to sleep. Are y'all sure we can't die from unrefreshed sleep?

I'm so sorry StacyY, I wish I could help you.  Sending you healing thoughts ❤️

I didn't die from what you are going through. Not even close. Stop thinking that way. It doesn't help you one bit.

I didn't die from what you are going through. Not even close. Stop thinking that way. It doesn't help you one bit.

This cannot be good for you. Staying up night after night. Did you ever feel like you always felt the same whether it's before bed, the middle of the night or in the morning? I always have unrefreshed sleep and I wonder if that's normal? I don't feel myself at all.

As long as you get some REM/Dream sleep you won't...

This is the only type of sleep we must have

If you're not sleeping you will go into mini dream sleeps that last around 2 mins and most often you're not aware of it

I went 10 of the last 14 days with zero sleep.

I thought I was dying day after day I called for many ambulances

last 2 nights I've had 8 hrs I actually feel worse! ha

This cannot be good for you. Staying up night after night. Did you ever feel like you always felt the same whether it's before bed, the middle of the night or in the morning? I always have unrefreshed sleep and I wonder if that's normal? I don't feel myself at all.

No, lack of sleep is not good for you, but nothing can be done about it right now so there is no reason to make the situation worse by worrying about it too much. It is what it is, until it no longer is, no matter what you think about the situation.

You won't die from this StaceyY.  You jumped 6 weeks ago, it's still very early.  My sleep was pretty much non-existent for the first 3 months, but I bit the bullet and just accepted the reality of withdrawal.  You will get better with time.

I was up 40 hours the other night and then slept 5 this morning, still of course feel horrible of course cause 5 hours is not much after being up so long

'

my sleep is still bad! Stacey is only off 6 weeks, I been 7 months and still awful.....Really coming to terms that this is not withdrawl its just me going back to pre benzo taking for my insomnia

I was up 40 hours the other night and then slept 5 this morning, still of course feel horrible of course cause 5 hours is not much after being up so long

'

my sleep is still bad! Stacey is only off 6 weeks, I been 7 months and still awful.....Really coming to terms that this is not withdrawl its just me going back to pre benzo taking for my insomnia

Mark, it might be you going back to your pre-benzo insomnia but just know that 7 months plus of withdrawal is not uncommon. My entire first year was shit, my second year was up and down (mostly down) and during my 3rd year I still experienced a lot of abnormal sleep of the sort that I never had back before all of this started. Maybe I can't claim withdrawal all of that time, but I am sure that I was experiencing damage from the initial withdrawal that was slow in healing.

well aloha thanks for the info, at least you did leave me with doubts this wont get better, you said I "May Be" Back to pre benzo stuff, if that really is the case and its no longer benzos then I assume Im doomed with this Insomnia til I die

Mark,

I only left you with that doubt because I know that is what you always seem to want to hear. I personally don't believe that you are doomed, but I don't know you or your past medical situation and stranger things have been known to happen.

AlohafromHawaii,  thank you so much for your encouragement.  I read your posts all of the time,  and they make me positive, especially, when I cannot sleep as well.  Just like you say, it will come back, but it takes time.  I am still having a horrible time with sleep, I never feel sleepy, sometimes I don't fall asleep, stay asleep, and wake up and do not go back.  And it does not feel like sleep.  What causes all of this?  Do you get sleepy now?  I also cannot even take a nap because I do not feel sleepy, it feels like I am wired most of the time, especially when I wake up and cannot go back to sleep.  I am 12 months off Klonopin and 6 months off Amitriptyline.......I know I have a long road ahead of me......and I am not a patient person..but I am A STRONG PERSON.  My running has taken a toll.....but I try not to be too hard on myself and If I have to walk a couple miles, I walk......I am 57 years old and feel like I have aged so much because lack of sleep. I use to be so vibrant!!!!.....

Thank You again for all of your encouragement!!!!!  Take Good Care

Mark.. I'm curious. Why did you decide to get off your meds? Did someone make you or was it your choice?

My Choice because the Ativan was not working good anymore and plus I heard how bad it can be for you long term, I was on it 2 years then for 10 months I was off but using Pamelor instead, went back to the Ativan again 3 more months then got off of it the second time now for 7 months

only thing I take anymore for my poor sleeps is a half dose of Nyquil

AlohafromHawaii,  thank you so much for your encouragement.  I read your posts all of the time,  and they make me positive, especially, when I cannot sleep as well.  Just like you say, it will come back, but it takes time.  I am still having a horrible time with sleep, I never feel sleepy, sometimes I don't fall asleep, stay asleep, and wake up and do not go back.  And it does not feel like sleep.  What causes all of this?  Do you get sleepy now?  I also cannot even take a nap because I do not feel sleepy, it feels like I am wired most of the time, especially when I wake up and cannot go back to sleep.  I am 12 months off Klonopin and 6 months off Amitriptyline.......I know I have a long road ahead of me......and I am not a patient person..but I am A STRONG PERSON.  My running has taken a toll.....but I try not to be too hard on myself and If I have to walk a couple miles, I walk......I am 57 years old and feel like I have aged so much because lack of sleep. I use to be so vibrant!!!!.....

Runnergirl,

I am so happy to be able to help you even a little bit because I know just how bad the withdrawal experience can be.

At over 3 years out I am much better, but not totally. I do get sleepy like a normal person now and most nights I can fall asleep fairly fast. However, I still have nights of broken sleep with too many dreams, but at least I feel more or less refreshed the next morning. It took awhile, but things have greatly improved. Sleep is no longer a source of stress for me, in fact, I am yawning right now just thinking about it. You too will get better in time. Don't worry about that not happening.

Runnergirl,

I am so happy to be able to help you even a little bit because I know just how bad the withdrawal experience can be.

At over 3 years out I am much better, but not totally. I do get sleepy like a normal person now and most nights I can fall asleep fairly fast. However, I still have nights of broken sleep with too many dreams, but at least I feel more or less refreshed the next morning. It took awhile, but things have greatly improved. Sleep is no longer a source of stress for me, in fact, I am yawning right now just thinking about it. You too will get better in time. Don't worry about that not happening.

I'm having the same problem? I feel awful!! I wake up like I might have severe brain damage. Just don't feel right at all. I'm having a lot of weird sensations in my head and it doesn't matter what time of day it is, I always feel the same. My eyes stay really dry and it feels bad. When did the sleepy feeling come back for you?

PEOPLE would you please stop freaking out!!

I dont know any buddy here who has not suffered from severe insomnia. Most tell that after 8 months they get about 2-3 hours sleep, then it gets better.

For me, I was totally without sleep I only could nap for months and now its okey. Even when I dont sleep much, the hours I sleep are a deep sleep and nothing compared to that situation in withdrawal.

You will not die. Unless you rest some time on your sofa and relax. Pretend to nap, I call that.

Its normal not to sleep.

Its normal to feel like going mad.

Its normal your heart is not working well, you sweat, you overall feel like you could die

YOU WILL NOT DIE.

You are not able to realize the healing process at that point, your brain is going crazy, looping thoughts and weird feelings. All totally normal.

It gets better with time, okey?

Here comes a huge huge huge hug!

Dont give up. You have come so far, you are brave and smart.

Distract yourself, do not goole and focus on insomnia.

You will get better. :thumbsup:

Marigold, I think you need to get off this forum if you don't want to see people freaking out. That's why we are all here...for support. Go join fb if you want to see a bunch of happy people.

I wanted to give you support not make you angry!

I know how it feels if you don’t get sleep - it’s horrible.

I have told you that I understand that, I told you you will survive it, I sent some hugs

and told you it will get better.

No need to react that way

:smitten:

Im 7 months out from my 1mg shitty ativan taking 2 years fest and yet Im worse then ever, Back to Horrible sleep, my left ear has hissing noises, both ears ache and feel blocked, I have muscle aches.....I feel drugged ALL DAY with fatigue

Yeah 7 months out and its gunna get better?! COME ON MAN Wake up, others may get better I won't...7 months out and you SHOULD HOT FEEL like its month 1, yes at 7 months you can have issues still but not SEVERE STUFF anymore

Im 7 months out from my 1mg shitty ativan taking 2 years fest and yet Im worse then ever, Back to Horrible sleep, my left ear has hissing noises, both ears ache and feel blocked, I have muscle aches.....I feel drugged ALL DAY with fatigue

Yeah 7 months out and its gunna get better?! COME ON MAN Wake up, others may get better I won't...7 months out and you SHOULD HOT FEEL like its month 1, yes at 7 months you can have issues still but not SEVERE STUFF anymore

Also I have ear Sensitivity pretty bad! To me its my brain dying from the accumulated poor sleep or no sleep over the years, Maybe Im getting Alzimers now

Ativan is a devil! The worst problems I had with this drug.

I know many people in real life who suffered after the withdrawal from Ativan for

One year. Personally I think I still have some symptoms from my last taper (Ativan), and this ended in March 2016. its incredible that Ativan is still given so quiet often.

All the benzos are bad. I'm coming off xanax and I am almost totally disabled. I can get around my apartment but that's it. The fatigue and loss of stamina and weakness are unbearable. I was a super athlete before and I can't believe this. I actually ordered a wheelchair off Amazon yesterday.

I don't know if I will use it, but I figure just in case since I live alone. This is crazy. Last week I could still walk to the store, but this week I can't.

Please I hope I heal soon