Venlafaxine

[Ka...]

I'm currently going through yet another wave  (post-withdrawal from Gabapentin-2 years clean).

I had a doctor's appointment for my severe anxiety, panic disorder, etc. She prescribed me Venlafaxine (venlafaxine, hydrochloride, ER capsules/37.5mg once a day)

I was wondering if anyone has tried these before. Did it work? Will it set me back in my recovery? I'm worried this will do more damage than good.

Look up the side effects and research it carefully, do you really want to go down that road?  From my own experience it comes with a horrible withdrawal syndrome of it's own.

Look up the side effects and research it carefully, do you really want to go down that road?  From my own experience it comes with a horrible withdrawal syndrome of it's own.

Yeah, you're not wrong. I read a lot and haven't seen anything good about it. Mostly bad side effects and experiences. I don't want to go through any sort of withdrawal ever again. What I'm going through is hard enough. I just can't seem to find anything to help my severe anxiety, as it disables me from doing anything. Thanks for your input though. And sorry to hear you had to go through that

This is just from personal experience, but Venlafaxine WD was hell. I think my CNS is still dealing with the aftermath. However, keep in mind that I'm very sensitive to SSRIs and SNRIs. I developed akathisia almost instantly when I went on them.

I hit a wall with Gabapentin. Was at max dose anxiety was awful. I’ve never touched a antidepressant. I had no choice , still had to work so down the hatch. Lowered my anxiety a lot and I’m glad I did