Author Topic: 1 month off and getting better all the time.  (Read 4503 times)

[Buddie]

Re: 1 month off and getting better all the time.
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2019, 08:39:17 pm »
[...]...I found this post exactly when I needed it.  It seems to be getting harder to find hope and a reason to persevere reading thru the threads.  Hope and healing is all I choose to put my attention to...no matter how f'ing bad it is today.  Attitude and gratitude is my weapon.  You reminded me of this.  Thanks again.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2019, 08:55:26 pm »
 :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2019, 12:17:58 pm »
Iím so sorry if I offended people; I didnít mean to. I was responding to the original post and had not read the replies. I only meant that I didnít want people to be discouraged if they are not hopeful and positive ALL the time; healing will still come.  Itís great to be positive and hopeful, but cautious as well; coming off quickly is not advised even if the majority of people have a relatively easy time because it can make things much more difficult if you arenít one of those people and it is impossible to know ahead of time. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2019, 12:32:11 pm »
Thought it might be good to bring this particular success story forward.  It does not matter that it is old.

I agree wholeheartedly that thoughts and attitude go a very long way.  It certainly did for me.  The path is hard and very painful.  Only we understand just how painful.  There is absolutely no point on fixating on worst case scenarios and fears.  We are suffering enough!!!!   We are already afraid enough!!!   The brain is magnificent in its ability to set things right once again.  And yes, for the majority of people who have taken these.

Don't let anyone on this forum allow you to think this hell is forever.  That is why people commit suicide over this every day.  They think they will never climb out of the hell pit and the suffering will just goes on and on and on.  Reading many stories here catapulted me into serious suicidal thoughts at a time when that was the last thing I needed.  Many do suffer for long periods of time, but that is not the majority.  That is not the norm.

Take heart people, and keep the faith.

Hi [...],

You are right, being positive is the key to go through the benzo withdrawal.

Not everybody have to suffer for a long period, fortunately not !!

Only few unlucky  benzo users like me need many months to recovery.

And even if you should  have to be in protected withdrawal, it's complicated  but really possible to keep the faith in recovery and to find reasons to be positive.

It's a kind of challenge...you have to find something to suffer less.
It can take one, two hours, one day or maybe more but you will make it !

To work on anger (very present during withdrawal), impatience, to made some notes and to concentrate on a daily routine (during a tough  wave is an amazing feat !) is very helpful to find positive attitude...

I wish you a speedy recovery, keep the faith !

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2019, 03:01:38 pm »
There are books of Russian academician Sytin on the influence of thought on health. He wrote a lot of mood for recovery. Help me a lot!