Author Topic: 1 month off and getting better all the time.  (Read 3972 times)

[Buddie]

Re: 1 month off and getting better all the time.
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2019, 05:22:21 pm »
Thought it might be good to bring this particular success story forward.  It does not matter that it is old.

I agree wholeheartedly that thoughts and attitude go a very long way.  It certainly did for me.  The path is hard and very painful.  Only we understand just how painful.  There is absolutely no point on fixating on worst case scenarios and fears.  We are suffering enough!!!!   We are already afraid enough!!!   The brain is magnificent in its ability to set things right once again.  And yes, for the majority of people who have taken these.

Don't let anyone on this forum allow you to think this hell is forever.  That is why people commit suicide over this every day.  They think they will never climb out of the hell pit and the suffering will just goes on and on and on.  Reading many stories here catapulted me into serious suicidal thoughts at a time when that was the last thing I needed.  Many do suffer for long periods of time, but that is not the majority.  That is not the norm.

Take heart people, and keep the faith.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2019, 05:36:02 pm »
Thank you! Positive thinking is 90% of success!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2019, 01:36:36 am »
 :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2019, 04:21:45 am »
Thanks [...] for bringing this forward.  Reading this should be a prerequisite to signing up on this forum.

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2019, 12:08:36 pm »
It is so wonderful that some people heal quickly, but because  we are all physiologically different, our healing times are different.  While I wholeheartedly agree that positive thinking is enormously helpful, slow healing damaged GABA receptors can make positive thinking impossible for a long time for some.  It’s not as simple or easy as “Think positive thoughts” for many of us, and my feeling is that it’s a disservice to people to suggest that they are not recovering because they aren’t  being positive enough; we are all doing the best that we can and that will bring us to healing in time.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 03:48:11 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2019, 05:51:42 pm »
I never said people are not healing because they are not being positive enough.  I am saying that for me, being positive, wherever I could find it, even though I was also in an unbelievable amount of despair and pain was helpful to me.  What's the alternative???? Suicide??? Which was impinging on me every minute of every days for over a year????

Guess this forum is 'the place where hope comes to die' and every positive statement is met by someone ready to step on it.

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2019, 05:56:18 pm »
I never said people are not healing because they are not being positive enough.  I am saying that for me, being positive, wherever I could find it, even though I was also in an unbelievable amount of despair and pain was helpful to me.  What's the alternative???? Suicide??? Which was impinging on me every minute of every days for over a year????

Guess this forum is 'the place where hope comes to die' and every positive statement is met by someone ready to step on it.

Some of us cling to the positivity, as it's our only shining light in the darkness.  Please don't stop!  :hug:

I appreciate every shred of positivity anyone's willing to share!  Thank you from the bottom of my heart, [...]!

xo,
sierra  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2019, 06:01:37 pm »
Sierra - I started to cry when I read your response....THANK YOU SWEETIE.  And you keep that hope alive!!!  I know you're getting close to your jump.  I'm rooting and praying for you!!!  Always!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2019, 06:15:08 pm »
Ah, [...], I'm always rooting for you too!   :mybuddy:

We're all in this benzo prison together and anything we can do to help one another is one step closer to healing, one step closer to freedom. 

Together, we must keep hope alive.  If hope dies, then what??? 

I took my last dose Sunday and I feel mostly ok.  There's some hope I can share.  :thumbsup:

xo,
sierra  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2019, 07:17:44 pm »
Last Dose!!!!    :clap: :clap: :clap:  :boxer: :boxer: :boxer:  :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

YOU GO GIRL!!!  Let the real healing begin!!!!

This is for whoever is feeling hopeless and dark right now...I'm assuming you looked at this thread in particular because you wanted....dare I say the word...HOPE.

If I could keep hope alive while 50% of my hair fell out, lost 25lbs (petite to begin with) and became skeletal, and was waking  up to a toilette bowl full of blood every morning, and had to go back to bed at 7 o'clock while sweating and shivering and breathless, with my heart pounding out of my chest....and those were just a few of my symptoms...and didn't think I could stand one more minute of life.....

What I did during those terrible and endless months upon months?  I focused on gratitude that I could walk to the bed (some people have no legs) felt gratitude that I even had a bed with comforting blankets (many people don't) that I had a roof over my head with heat (many people don't) took long slow breaths (many people have irreversible emphysema and COPD)....Yes is was difficult to force the opposite mind stance.  But it can be done.  For me it was necessary for survival.  Every minute of every day I fought the lies and found much to be grateful for.  And I found the list to be endless when I forced myself to think along those lines instead of falling for the benzo lies.

Millions of people recover from this.  The odds are in our favor, Sierra and Dove and [...].  Don't ever forget that, no matter how discouraging it can be.  We got this!!!