Anybody had luck with belsamra?

[St...]

I tried it and the only thing that it did for me is make me feel heavily drugged but wide awake. A lot of other people talked about this drug doing nothing for them as well on this forum. In fact, I think that you are the first person who wrote about having any success with it. A word of warning...a new drug may equal new undiscovered side-effects and problems. For years doctors thought that Ambien was perfectly safe. I wouldn't get in the habit of using Belsomra too often.

Stacey,

Do a search on BB on Belsomra to find out people's experiences. It's a useless drug. I even tried a quadruple dose at one point and it was no different than popping some skittles.

MT

Well dang! I'm only 44 days off and slept 8 hrs straight last night so it must have been my own sleep. I sure hope it was.

[60...]

Well dang! I'm only 44 days off and slept 8 hrs straight last night so it must have been my own sleep. I sure hope it was.

You did mention that you’ve been getting eight hours some nights, so it could be natural sleep.

I’m only emphasizing this so that folks don’t rush out to buy Belsomra, which has a pretty miserable track record.

Can you please let everyone know if you take it several nights in a row and still get eight hours (or not)? That would be a more useful metric.  :thumbsup:

The only way I was getting 8 hrs was days I took my taper awhile back ago. After I jumped, sleep went to crap. My sleep is so unpredictable, I don't know what it will be  anymore. The doctor will give samples out of any sleep med you want usually before you buy it. My sleeping has been 7 hrs on it  just a few days ago but then it goes back to two hrs again or whatever. I only mention it because it doesn't work on gaba and supposed to work on a different part of your brain.

I don't get Natural sleep since I take a half dose of Nyquil a night, any time I try nothing I don't sleep at all.....only way I know I sleep is I get stupid nightmares that wake me up

I don't get Natural sleep since I take a half dose of Nyquil a night, any time I try nothing I don't sleep at all.....only way I know I sleep is I get stupid nightmares that wake me up

I think you got yourself addicted to NyQuil  which has alcohol which is a lot like a benzo. I'm suprised you haven't had to updose your nyquil.

I heard Nyquil i sbetter then Taking a benzo from people which is why I turned to it since I been of Ativan near 7 months now with still no signs of really good stuff, just broken sleep and nightmares

• 2 weeks later...

I heard Nyquil i sbetter then Taking a benzo from people which is why I turned to it since I been of Ativan near 7 months now with still no signs of really good stuff, just broken sleep and nightmares

Nyquil is definitely better than a benzo. Sometimes, we just need to do what we need to do to get some sleep.

I tried Belsorma and it did nothing for me.

I guess they all could be but I'm taking seroquel now and it's worked for the last 10'days. I still feel like crap when I get up, (just from the withdrawl) but it's working to put me to sleep. If this dang pressure in my head would leave, that would be great. I still never get sleepy or anything anymore. I'm so scared that it won't come back for a long time. 😞

I guess they all could be but I'm taking seroquel now and it's worked for the last 10'days. I still feel like crap when I get up, (just from the withdrawl) but it's working to put me to sleep. If this dang pressure in my head would leave, that would be great. I still never get sleepy or anything anymore. I'm so scared that it won't come back for a long time. 😞

Ive got that pressure in my head as well,  mainly when i sleep.

Can I ask when the pressure started for you ?

Ive got that pressure in my head as well,  mainly when i sleep.

Can I ask when the pressure started for you ?

I've had the pressure for a long time. Almost from the time I started Ativan. It moves around though. Sometimes it's like a really bad headache and other times it's really bad in my ears or behind my eyes. I didn't sleep at all last night (atleast I don't think I did) so that could contribute to it.  Sometimes I get a really bad stinging pain in my head but that hasn't come around for a while thank God! I think I just got hit really hard with this.