30 months Benzo free

[tr...]

I'm no longer completely bedside, but the sofa is my home.  But, I don't know what's what. Since, I have been bedside to month 27, I am in a very bad condition. Also, has a lot of tension in the body. Because, it's been so tense over my chest, I've been breathing in the wrong way. Have just had some single windows. I'm 63 years old, maybe it takes longer?

Now, I really want to test easier exercise, and do exercises for breathing. The body, has been very stressed during this time, so I will try to meditate a little more.

Anyone, in the same situation, and we can do this together? :)

I am sorry this has been such a terrible experience for you and I am sorry it continues to be so difficult.  But well done on getting to the 30 month mark.  I am still in bed mostly but I am getting up and walking as often as I can and doing more and more exercises lying in bed and it is making a difference.  I started off with 0.5 kg dumbbells for my arms and that was difficult.  I could not raise my arms above my shoulders, now I can and I can use 2.0 kg dumbbells. My whole body has been affected by this and I haven't been able to breathe properly for several years now.  As my body loosens up, and the sensation returns, I am starting to take deeper breaths and it feels really good.  My spine is still very stiff and up the back of my neck.  I hadn't really noticed that my face and nose were very taut, I have become aware of that recently.  That also makes breathing difficult.  I massage my nose and that seems to help!!  In my case it was necessary for the body to loosen up first before the breathing could improve.  I am 64 years old so in the same boat as you age wise.  I hope we will be able to improve our quality of life over the next year or so.  I became much worse at the beginning of last year when I set about forcing myself to walk every day .. my brain could not cope with the stress ... it has taken me over a year to try to undo the damage from that setback so take it nice and easy.  Best wishes. I am sure it will get better.

Fiona  :smitten:

Hi Fiona! Thank you, for your nice reply!

Thank you also, for your tips about massage my nose. Nowadays, nothing is strange! Perhaps, that depends on our new inner strength? I think so.

When, I started with very easy exercises, it felt immediately in the body. I understood, how much stiffness, I had during this time. Now, I have picked up my home gym (so dusty!) Very carefully, I will try.

I have also started with mindfulness, and it works quite well! Because, I breathe wrong, I try to think about it all the time. But, I just forget!

Together, we go through the hardest journey of our lives. I had never done this alone, you all have been my great rescue. So many wonderful new friends!

Lots of hugs! (my emojis doesn't work).  /Anna

Hi translator,

Good to hear you've been feeling some improvements,  but sorry you're still suffering.  I've been following your story for about a year now, and want you to know that you've been an inspiration to me.  Thank you!  I'm rooting for you.

I'm 24 months off and in my worst wave yet. Taking it day by day, trying to stay hopeful.

For stiffness (etc), I've been doing online yoga when I can throughout my recovery.  It's been one of my coping tools that's helped the most.  This is an online instructor, free on YouTube, who's been my go-to.  There's quite a few that are just very gentle stretching, feels so good, especially when couch/bedbound.  Hers a few gentle ones she's uploaded recently,  but there are hundreds to choose from:

All the best,

WR

[56...]

Anna, congratulations on your milestone, dear friend! You have inspired me so much, and you always shower me with kindness. You're a blessing, Anna. I am so proud of you and grateful for you!

You are in good company on this thread - I've read some of the posts by Fiona and NYC...fighters all.

I know it has been very hard for you... But you've come a long way, and I firmly believe you will reach a full recovery, Anna. I'll be walking next to you all the way.

Warmly,

Lara  :smitten:

Dear Anna, you are loved here, you are always so kind even with all the suffering you are going through I've never seen you angry. There are a lot of people still suffering, the damage is so huge from this poison I think that some day they will be banned, first giving time to the benzo sufferers to properly withdraw. I've seen fine ladies and gets suffer horrendously but being so kind to offer support to others, you are a help for the future as this site is read all over the world, even many doctors suggest their patients to be a member of benzo buddies, after all the horror sth good is going to emerge. All the strength and love from the south of the world  :smitten:

Ruby and Patri, the world's finest friends! Thank you, for the nice answers, you saved my day. Hugs! :)

Hi Fiona! Thank you, for your nice reply!

Thank you also, for your tips about massage my nose. Nowadays, nothing is strange! Perhaps, that depends on our new inner strength? I think so.

When, I started with very easy exercises, it felt immediately in the body. I understood, how much stiffness, I had during this time. Now, I have picked up my home gym (so dusty!) Very carefully, I will try.

I have also started with mindfulness, and it works quite well! Because, I breathe wrong, I try to think about it all the time. But, I just forget!

Together, we go through the hardest journey of our lives. I had never done this alone, you all have been my great rescue. So many wonderful new friends!

Lots of hugs! (my emojis doesn't work).  /Anna

Hi Anna, I am glad you are finding ways to make progress.  It has been a very slow and painstaking process for me and still is.  I had no idea how badly my body had been affected because I had lost so much sensation, however it is now abundantly clear and has been for a long time now.  But as I say progress is being made, I just wish it could be a little faster.  I hope you will progress faster than me.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I am impressed you have a home gym, I don't think I could cope with that ... I still seem to need the support of lying in bed.  I look forward to hearing how you get on.

Hugs to you too.  :D :D :D :D :) :) :):smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Looking, thank you my dear friend, for all the encouragement! This contact, means so much to me, alone I would never do this. We understand each other to 100%!

Today, it has been a bit better, and I'm so happy! It really goes up and down, yesterday I was completely bedridden. Do you also think, that you have forgotten how it is, to be healthy? It's as if life began day 1. The time before, I'm very hard to remember. But, we'll do this, together! :)

Hi Anna

Unfortunately I have been unwell for very many years, the last time I felt healthy was at school and I am now 64.  My memories of my life are pretty hazy so being unwell is just my norm, but only withdrawal has made me physically disabled.  I am glad it was a bit better today.  It was better for me also today, I had an appointment with the hygienist and friends met me there and we went for a coffee.  For three years I could not go to the dentist or doctor.  When I started going to the dentist I felt terrible and I could not go up the stairs.  Now I can go up the stairs and I don't feel terrible. In fact I can now go to appointments alone if necessary though it is much nicer to have friends with me.

Yesterday I was in a bad way, not well at all and very depressed.

Yes, we wil do it together.  :thumbsup:

Looking: I'm so sorry, you're so hard. I recognize, this with the dentist. Have not been visiting for 3 years, and it makes me so worried! But, at the moment, it feels completely impossible. Just the thought, gives me anxiety.

I have also been ill for many years. But, my big mistake, I didn't accept it. Then, Benzo became my "rescue". I could work, and live a normal life. But, what I didn't understand, was that this poison broke down the body more and more. I didn't understand, why I was so ill. After 20 years, at the highest speed, it became the bed. It was tolerance of Benzo. The health care, also didn't understand, why I was so sick. Had "fibromyalgia and neurological diseases".

These years, have been a hell, especially after 2 CT and reinstallation. But, I still feel hopeful, because now this poison is out of the body. I am free! Should I still have Benzo, I would only get worse and worse. So, there is hope!

Looking, I hope, with all my heart, that you soon feel better!

Looking: I'm so sorry, you're so hard. I recognize, this with the dentist. Have not been visiting for 3 years, and it makes me so worried! But, at the moment, it feels completely impossible. Just the thought, gives me anxiety.

It worried me greatly but I do not get anxious.  I was forced to go to the dentist when I had an abscess and had to have a tooth taken out.  It was a terrible ordeal just getting there and sitting through the treatment, but I had no choice.  Then I started going for regular appointments.  The main problems for me were feeling able to get there, sitting in the waiting room, sitting in the dentist's chair, holding my mouth open, being unable to tolerate the instruments in my mouth ... what a long list .. yesterday I managed very well ... still not easy but very manageable.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: My dentist gives me longer appointment slots because I need breaks ...

I have also been ill for many years. But, my big mistake, I didn't accept it. Then, Benzo became my "rescue". I could work, and live a normal life. But, what I didn't understand, was that this poison broke down the body more and more. I didn't understand, why I was so ill. After 20 years, at the highest speed, it became the bed. It was tolerance of Benzo. The health care, also didn't understand, why I was so sick. Had "fibromyalgia and neurological diseases".

I never accepted it either really, it was resignation, believing that there was no other option.  I spent many, many years trying to find ways out .. self-help books, diets, supplements, acupuncture, homeopathy .. so I understand why you took the benzos, to work, live a normal life, that is what we all aim for.  And of course I had no idea what the drugs were doing to me either.  It is a strange business, all that effort I expended into looking for solutions but never realising the source of the problem.  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

These years, have been a hell, especially after 2 CT and reinstatement. But, I still feel hopeful, because now this poison is out of the body. I am free! Should I still have Benzo, I would only get worse and worse. So, there is hope!

There is always hope ..  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looking, I hope, with all my heart, that you soon feel better!

I hope the same for you and do call me Fiona  :D :D :D :D :D

Hugs