Important Survey - Please Participate ×

When should I make the jump

[ne...]

Gone a whole week at .35mg with ativan.  Will go a few more days hovering around that dose.  Should I taper further?  What will possible withdrawals be like if I make the jump at that amount? 

For the record, was on ativan for two months at 1mg to 2mg almost every day.  Started tapering and one month later was stable at .5mg.  Due to the help with an ativan emulsion (found a compound pharmacy) was able to work down to where I'm at now at .35mg. 

Why not try to get as low as possible and then jump?  You may be fine at jumping from that dose, but better safe than sorry.

Not an expert, but have read what others are saying.

Hope this helps.

Slow is always best.  I learned a painful lesson.  Listened to doctors and now have many regrets.  Hoping to get back on track again.

Best to you!

Hi needtopraymore :smitten:

Should I taper further?

According to Ashton's table of equivalencies , the jump dose for Lorazepam is 0.05 mg/day. At that dose, seems that drug stops to have any therapeutic effects. From your 0.35 mg I would say you still need to further taper down. Do not think that you can save time by jumping now. Many did the same and are still paying months/years after the last dose with protracted symptoms.

Wish you heal well.