Anxiety surges waking you up

[Ma...]

Lately i get surges of  anxiety in my sleep. As if some horrible memory has just been Dreamed.. i wake up feeling aggitated. Then try to go back to sleep.. hits again.

I am not sure if this is a,supressed memory trying to surface

And i am not ready to deal with it. . Or just part of the benzo withdrawl weirdness and fear of what is happening to us right now.

Anyone ever deal with this kind of thing?

I have had trauma. So many of us are on these because our anxiety issues stem from trauma or traumas.

So has anyone experienced this ? And finally understood it or it was just more mental games this,medication does until your brain heals and function correctly.

I'm not sure. But there are new evidence-based trauma therapies you can try. EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing works in a few weeks!

peace,

stasia

Lately i get surges of  anxiety in my sleep. As if some horrible memory has just been Dreamed.. i wake up feeling aggitated. Then try to go back to sleep.. hits again.

And i am not ready to deal with it. . Or just part of the benzo withdrawl weirdness and fear of what is happening to us right now.

I have had trauma. So many of us are on these because our anxiety issues stem from trauma or traumas.

So has anyone experienced this ? And finally understood it or it was just more mental games this,medication does until your brain heals and function correctly.

It will take time to heal,  our brain needs time to heal,  You need to be patient,  take it easy, DONT WORRY, it will pass, always pass.

Forget trauma, then your brain will slowly forget the trauma, dont try to look for answer,  It's not a mental game, Its TRAUMA, and trauma needs time to heal.  the medication gave you windows, then you go back to waves of real symptoms. 

few hours before sleep do some exercise or a heavy work, like cleaning your garage.  That will stop the anxiety in your sleep. 

peace

• 3 weeks later...
I often get panic attacks while I sleep and wake up to my own screams. Other times as soon as I start falling asleep and start to lose control of my thoughts, the anxiety and adrenalin surges hit me hard. I find that to cope I just get up and go do something mindless for a while until I settle down. Lately I've been using a low dose beta blocker (Inderal) which is an old generation BP drug. It at least stops the adrenalin from connecting with the receptor sites and prevents my body from responding to the adrenaline surges. This seems to help me a lot. If you think this might help you, just ask your doctor about it. If you don't have any major contraindications, there should be no problem in obtaining low dose Propranolol (Inderal) which is non-addictive and NOT a psychogenic drug of any sort. Sometimes when your body can't respond to the adrenalin, your mind seems to settle down more easily.

Nightmares are a problem. I heard that lucid dreamers will wake up and go back to sleep in the same position to re enter the same dream. So you might want to change positions if you don't want to the dream to reoccur. Also some foods are worse for nightmares. I've heard that this goes away as I rarely remember my dreams at all on klonopin.

Absolutely - it's a very jarring sort of assault on your psycho/physio system. I've found it exceedingly difficult to deal with - not an over statement. I try not to analyze or be concerned as to a source the Benzo WD. That is quite an ordeal of it's own. So sorry you are having that experience.