So Embarrassing.....

[Fi...]

I had a Neurologist apt today.  And, because of my floaty boaty I had to have my mother drive me.  My elderly mother had to drive me!!!!!!  That’s so embarrassing and humiliating.  I’m so disgusted.  I should be driving her.....I’m so angry at myself!!!!!

You did what was safer for you, that is all. Dont beat yourself up over this!!  had to laugh, reading "floaty boaty" - I havent heard that term in several years (I am no longer an active participant here). ts a  great way of describing that feeling.

May I ask why you saw a neurologist???

You did what was safer for you, that is all. Dont beat yourself up over this!!  had to laugh, reading "floaty boaty" - I havent heard that term in several years (I am no longer an active participant here). ts a  great way of describing that feeling.

May I ask why you saw a neurologist???

With all the weird head symptoms and the Floaty Boaty which just started I thought there might be something else going on.

I take it (way back when)you never had the Floaty Boaty...LOl

Dont waste your energy to such feelings, you need it for some more important fields.

Be pragmatic. It was not safe to drive yourself, so your mother did it. And thats it. This is not a mistake.

I had a Neurologist apt today.

I'm curious. Did he take a look at your medication / withdrawal history and then completely ignore it in favor of performing neurological diagnosing tests such as an MRI?

Oh good grief, I most certainly DID have the floaty boat thing! For a very long time, in fact. Hearing this term amused me because it has been such a long time since I last heard it. Brought back some things I thought I had forgotten.

I think you were wise seeing a neuro doctor. However - be aware, because many doctors (most of them!!) havent a CLUE what can happen in benzo withdrawal. Before I got off benzos, I had some very strange neuro symptoms and saw several neurologist doctors. They diagnosed me with MS, CFS, Fibromyalgia, and a bunch of other silly things. NONE of them considered my lengthy med list. NOT A ONE OF THEM DID THIS. If a doctor knew more about benzos and the withdrawal from them, that should have been the very FIRST clue!

Hang in there. I promise you, this will all get better.

I'm grateful my mother is still alive to drive me to my appointments. Honestly, it's a time we get to talk. I enjoy her company regardless of the circumstance. It's all good.

I'm grateful my mother is still alive to drive me to my appointments. Honestly, it's a time we get to talk. I enjoy her company regardless of the circumstance. It's all good.

That’s beautiful Dowork123.    Brought tears to my eyes.

Fighting! Don't be angry at yourself! Life, is about giving and taking, and helping each other. You do everything you can! :)

I agree. It is very possible that the absolute best thing you could do for yourself is to try to remain hopeful and positive. SO many have gone before us, it is horrifying how many. And many of them did not have the support you get here. How lonely and scary that must have been for them.