What is depression? How do I know if it is depression?

[sa...]

I’m not sure if I have depression. Is depression a feeling? I do feel different compared to before benzos. Somehow I do get a lot of suicidal thoughts and I do feel a sense of hopelessness. However, these are just thoughts and these are my own thoughts because of how I am unhappy about the situation I am in right now because of benzos. It isn’t exactly due to a chemical imbalance.

I just feel like I’m in despair because of the injustice done to me by the doctor and counsellor that prescribed the poison to me.

I’m not sure if I have depression. Is depression a feeling? I do feel different compared to before benzos. Somehow I do get a lot of suicidal thoughts and I do feel a sense of hopelessness. However, these are just thoughts and these are my own thoughts because of how I am unhappy about the situation I am in right now because of benzos. It isn’t exactly due to a chemical imbalance.

I just feel like I’m in despair because of the injustice done to me by the doctor and counsellor that prescribed the poison to me.

It is very difficult to answer your question.  Many of us feel very angry about what has been done to us and we can turn that outwards and direct it to those responsible or turn it inwards in which case it can become depression.  We also feel despair because we cannot get redress for what has been done to us.  The fact that you are having suicidal thoughts and feel hopeless are features of depression.  You say your feelings are not due to the benzos but it can be very difficult to tell sometimes.  It could be a bit of both.  The important thing is to try to find ways to address it or cope with it. 

It sounds like you're depressed. I am suffering the exact same thing right now. I feel hopeless about this situation and wonder if the depression will ever go away. I'm nearing four months off Klonopin. I have no interests in things I once did, I have no energy whatsoever to pursue anything of interest, and I have constant intrusive thoughts about stuff I could do to myself or others.