just need double check of my math

[on...]

As an example,say I'm using .5 mg clonazepam at night.If I use a 99ml of water and 1 ml of vodka for a total of 100 ml liquid,each ml would be 1% correct?

Also I seen this video it is a simple explanation on liquid titration,except he is using valium instead of what I'm on.

I appreciate and thank you in advance.

As an example,say I'm using .5 mg clonazepam at night.If I use a 99ml of water and 1 ml of vodka for a total of 100 ml liquid,each ml would be 1% correct?

Also I seen this video it is a simple explanation on liquid titration,except he is using valium instead of what I'm on.

I appreciate and thank you in advance.

That would be 1% vodka!  not 1% clonazepam.

The clonazepam content would be .005mg per ml.  (approx .5%)

Like most youtube videos about tiration, its unnecessarily complicated, and pulling out and discarding your cut is a silly way to take any liquid med.

My suggestion:

Dissolve 5mg (10 tablets) in 10ml vodka, and add 40 ml water.  Now you have 50ml, .1mg per ml.  Store it in a covered glass jar at room temp.  This will be approx a 10 day supply.

Do you want to cut 1% per day?

.5mg X 1% = .005mg daily cut

Here's your schedule:

.5mg      5ml

.495mg      4.95ml

.490mg      4.90ml

.485mg      4.85ml

.480mg      4.80ml

etc...

Just lower your dose by .05ml (.005mg) each day.

Actually Builder my current dose is .75 at bed time.So would i need to increase the volume to 75ml total solution?Also I would like to maybe start at 3% taper every 14 days to start with.Could you please run the numbers for that.Also I have 1mg pills so should i make the whole pill and take out 25% at the beginning?One I get to .5 on my taper I'll switch to .5 pills.

Thank you so very much

[5a...]

Builder, I have a similar case as onemoretry with the difference that I am taking clonazepan 0.125 three times a day for a grand total of 0.375 MG daily.

I was taking it twice but after consulting with my psych Dr she told me to switch TTD.  I notice in this forum some people more comfortable with more daily distributed doses. This is something I don't understand due to the fact of the long life of clonazepan. Regrettably I still have symptoms both ways (i was tapering kind of too fast  0.125 mg per week suggested by Dr) :D

Questions:

-I notice you suggest here 40 ml of water. I've seen using like a norm 100 ml, even in the titration suggested on this site by jim hawks. Would it last even longer if you use 100ml.? do you have to change other parameters in the solution if you use 100 ml?

-What do you do  after you finish your first 40 ml. Do you do the same thing and keep tapering or you change something.

-My local compound pharmacy offered me a suspension of 1mg /10ml so in my case of 0.375mg it would be 3.75ml the first dose. My doubt is if cut percentage every day or hold and cut every say 15 days. I was inclined to hold and cut short qtys due to the difficulties of dry cutting on a 0.5 mg pill. I didn't know about the daily titration option. Which one in your experience is more successful?

Builder, I have a similar case as onemoretry with the difference that I am taking clonazepan 0.125 three times a day for a grand total of 0.375 MG daily.

I was taking it twice but after consulting with my psych Dr she told me to switch TTD.  I notice in this forum some people more comfortable with more daily distributed doses. This is something I don't understand due to the fact of the long life of clonazepan. Regrettably I still have symptoms both ways (i was tapering kind of too fast  0.125 mg per week suggested by Dr) :D

Questions:

-I notice you suggest here 40 ml of water. I've seen using like a norm 100 ml, even in the titration suggested on this site by jim hawks. Would it last even longer if you use 100ml.? do you have to change other parameters in the solution if you use 100 ml?

-What do you do  after you finish your first 40 ml. Do you do the same thing and keep tapering or you change something.

-My local compound pharmacy offered me a suspension of 1mg /10ml so in my case of 0.375mg it would be 3.75ml the first dose. My doubt is if cut percentage every day or hold and cut every say 15 days. I was inclined to hold and cut short qtys due to the difficulties of dry cutting on a 0.5 mg pill. I didn't know about the daily titration option. Which one in your experience is more successful?

1)  Note that folks often report effects that have no basis in logic.  Placebo effects are real, they just aren't caused by what folks think caused them.

2)  I always recommend  a ratio of .1mg per ml or .01mg per ml.  That easily makes measurements/reductions of .01 (hundredths) or even thousandths of a milligram possible.  And converting between mgs and mls is just a matter of moving the decimal.  It really eliminates any "math".

3) Yes, when you use up one batch, you just make a fresh batch.

4)  The more gradual your reduction, the easier it is your your body to recover.  It would seem obvious that a series of tiny reductions would be more tolerable than one big reduction.

Actually Builder my current dose is .75 at bed time.So would i need to increase the volume to 75ml total solution?Also I would like to maybe start at 3% taper every 14 days to start with.Could you please run the numbers for that.Also I have 1mg pills so should i make the whole pill and take out 25% at the beginning?One I get to .5 on my taper I'll switch to .5 pills.

Thank you so very much

1)  Yes, use whole tablets to make your liquid.  It minimizes the possibility of error.

2)  Please note you do not  "take out" anything.  You just drink the scheduled dose each day.

OK, for 3% reduction/14 days from .75mg:

Combine 8mg + 16ml vodka + 64ml water.  This will be 80ml, still approx a  10 day supply, and still .1mg per ml.

.75mg X 3%  = .0225 (round up to .025mg)

.0025mg/14 days= .0018  (round up to .002mg per day)

.75mg        7.5ml

.748mg      7.48ml

.746mg      7.46ml

.744mg      7.44ml

etc...

[5a...]

Builder,Thanks very much for your patience with us!

-Could you give me an idea of the numbers to start from the 0.375 mg that I'm taking every day (0.125 x 3). As I told you before I have reduced 0.5 mg in 3 months,holding for surgery and traveling and hasn't been that easy.  :'(  I'm using 0.5mg pills to get into 0.375mg. I admit that the quarter I pull out cutting the pill is not always the same.

Questions and concerns:

-Is in my case worth it to use one 0.5 pills? Do I increase what I'm taking if I increase the 1/4 to make a more precise dose with the whole pill?

-I'm also thinking of having 2 doses per day at least at the start,morning and night.

-My target would be 10% every 14 days.

-What type of vodka do you suggest and what ABV? I get confused with it and the proof used in USA? is this really important?

Honestly I'm overwhelmed with the numbers and having withdrawal symptoms makes me hard to decide and do the numbers.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

God bless you!

Builder,Thanks very much for your patience with us!

-Could you give me an idea of the numbers to start from the 0.375 mg that I'm taking every day (0.125 x 3). As I told you before I have reduced 0.5 mg in 3 months,holding for surgery and traveling and hasn't been that easy.  :'(  I'm using 0.5mg pills to get into 0.375mg. I admit that the quarter I pull out cutting the pill is not always the same.

Questions and concerns:

-Is in my case worth it to use one 0.5 pills? Do I increase what I'm taking if I increase the 1/4 to make a more precise dose with the whole pill?

-I'm also thinking of having 2 doses per day at least at the start,morning and night.

-My target would be 10% every 14 days.

-What type of vodka do you suggest and what ABV? I get confused with it and the proof used in USA? is this really important?

Honestly I'm overwhelmed with the numbers and having withdrawal symptoms makes me hard to decide and do the numbers.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

God bless you!

Combine 4mg (8 X .5 mg tablets) in 8ml vodka*, and add 32ml water.  This gives you 40ml, .1mg per ml. (approx a 10 day supply)

.375mg X 10% = .0375mg

.0375mg/14 days = .0027 (round up to .003mg/day reduction)

Schedule:

.375mg        3.75ml

.372mg        3.72ml

.369mg        3.69ml

.366mg        3.66ml

etc....

Just lower your dose by .03ml (.003mg) each day.  You can divide the total dose into half to make 2 doses.  It does not have to be exact...eyeball measure is close enough.

*Vodka must be 80 proof (40% alcohol) minimum.

[5a...]

THANKS A LOT Builder!

Two last questions:

-If I decided to change to 10 days instead of 14, maintaining the 10% reduction , the dose reduction x day would be 0.00375. If i decide to do so, can I round up the dose to 0.004?

-Do other things have to get changed?

-I noticed that the ratio of vodka and water is almost 1-4 in ml. (I know it is less if considering the water in the vodka) -I don't have any issue with alcohol and we are talking small Qtys here it's just I heard benzos and alcohol are not a good mix. Could we in this case increase the water content say to 92? Does this change the vodka/ pills ratio? That would be also more days of supply but I don't know if this water qty change would change the whole thing.

Of course it wouldn't botherer me to do the thing every 7 days instead of ten.

Thanks again for your patience!!!

THANKS A LOT Builder!

Two last questions:

-If I decided to change to 10 days instead of 14, maintaining the 10% reduction , the dose reduction x day would be 0.00375. If i decide to do so, can I round up the dose to 0.004?

Yes, and yes.

-Do other things have to get changed?

No.

-I noticed that the ratio of vodka and water is almost 1-4 in ml. (I know it is less if considering the water in the vodka) -I don't have any issue with alcohol and we are talking small Qtys here it's just I heard benzos and alcohol are not a good mix. Could we in this case increase the water content say to 92? Does this change the vodka/ pills ratio? That would be also more days of supply but I don't know if this water qty change would change the whole thing.

1)  You need 2ml vodka for each mg of benzo.  2)  You can actually use any ratio of water to dilute, but maintaining a .1mg per ml total ratio makes things very simple. I strongly recommend you follow the 1mg:2ml vodka:8ml water ratio.  And I recommend making approx a 10-14 day supply.  3)  The proscription about alcohol and benzos is about DRINKING and taking benzos.  Your not going to be drinking, your just using the alcohol as a solvent (just like the pharma mfgrs so)  The amount of alcohol is so tiny it wont cause any issues.

Of course it wouldn't botherer me to do the thing every 7 days instead of ten.

Thanks again for your patience!!!

Again thank you Builder.I have a last question please.I would like to make a single dose at a time to make sure I'm going to be able to stay on the liquid titration.Could you please tell me the correct formula for single daily dose recipe.Thank you again Builder.I'll be using 1mg tablets and my nightly dose is at .75mg clonazepam.Also is 100 proof better to use than 80 proof.TY

[5a...]

Builder, sorry to bother again but I just try to define which way to go and your are helping a lot.

My dose is now 0.125 x 3 daily. In case all liquid switching doesn't work well i would like to have the option of tapering using pill and liquid, starting liquid with one of the daily doses (0.125) "cut dose" then do the rest of the doses.

-Would this affect the numbers of the solution you just gave me?

-Do I still use the same ratio of Vodka?

-In your experience when is combined is it better to start liquid tapering from the lower dose?

Question about 10/14 cut periods.

-I need a more understanding of this concept. The 10 or 14 cut period defines when you start another cut of what is remaining from the main dose. My concept about this periods was the hold and "cut" normally use in dry method. I still don't fully understand how we use it above. Is it just to set a trend of daily dose reductions till the end of the taper?

Again , thanks a lot for your patience and help!!!

Again thank you Builder.I have a last question please.I would like to make a single dose at a time to make sure I'm going to be able to stay on the liquid titration.Could you please tell me the correct formula for single daily dose recipe.Thank you again Builder.I'll be using 1mg tablets and my nightly dose is at .75mg clonazepam.Also is 100 proof better to use than 80 proof.TY

The formula (ratio) will always be the same, no matter what volume.

100 proof will work just as well, but 80 proof is sufficient.

1mg:2ml vodka:8ml water

Builder, sorry to bother again but I just try to define which way to go and your are helping a lot.

My dose is now 0.125 x 3 daily. In case all liquid switching doesn't work well i would like to have the option of tapering using pill and liquid, starting liquid with one of the daily doses (0.125) "cut dose" then do the rest of the doses.

-Would this affect the numbers of the solution you just gave me?

-Do I still use the same ratio of Vodka?

-In your experience when is combined is it better to start liquid tapering from the lower dose?

Regardless of quantity, the ratios will always stay the same :1mg:2ml vodka:8ml water.  A DLMT is the easiest way you can taper.  There is no reason to wait until you get to a lower dose.  If I had done a DLMT from the beginning, I would have avoided a lot of misery, and been off of benzos much sooner.

Question about 10/14 cut periods.

-I need a more understanding of this concept. The 10 or 14 cut period defines when you start another cut of what is remaining from the main dose. My concept about this periods was the hold and "cut" normally use in dry method. I still don't fully understand how we use it above. Is it just to set a trend of daily dose reductions till the end of the taper?

Again , thanks a lot for your patience and help!!!

Its not a "cut period", its just a suggested batch size.  Your liquid solution will not "spoil" or degrade, but it can be subject to contamination, bacterial growth, etc.  10-14 days is just sort of a "use-by" date.  And its sure a lot easier than making a new batch each day!