Tylenol PM / Melatonin / Marijuana

[ri...]

Hi!  This is my first post.  I am 8 days off Clonazepam.  Hopefully my taper information shows in my signature. 

I am distraught that I ended up here since my Dr expressly warned me not to look at withdrawal symptoms on the Internet since I have done this before. I have seen all the stories of people suffering for years.

He told me that's not me, since i was only taking 1 MG of Clonazepam a day.  But with my past use I wonder where I fall?

Apologies, it's hard to form a sentence.  I feel like i have the flu.  Shivers, sweating, freezing, hot. 

Soooo...are you not supposed to take any of the OTC meds for sleep?  What about Marijuana in general?  I have always been a smoker and it has brought me back down to earth.

Please enlighten me.  I would have wrote a nicer note, but I don't have the words.

Thanks in advance! 

That’s not a smalldisage you were taking.

Melatonin is fine but I’d stay off the weed. It only amplified things.

Thanks!!!

Oh I am so glad you said that about the small dose.  I know it is, but I feel like shit, nevertheless.

I thought maybe there was something linked to my long term use over the years. 

But I hope not.

Hi!  This is my first post.  I am 8 days off Clonazepam.  Hopefully my taper information shows in my signature. 

I am distraught that I ended up here since my Dr expressly warned me not to look at withdrawal symptoms on the Internet since I have done this before. I have seen all the stories of people suffering for years.

He told me that's not me, since i was only taking 1 MG of Clonazepam a day.  But with my past use I wonder where I fall?

Apologies, it's hard to form a sentence.  I feel like i have the flu.  Shivers, sweating, freezing, hot. 

Soooo...are you not supposed to take any of the OTC meds for sleep?  What about Marijuana in general?  I have always been a smoker and it has brought me back down to earth.

Please enlighten me.  I would have wrote a nicer note, but I don't have the words.

Thanks in advance!

I have taken Melatonin for 15 years and it really helps.  Weed was invaluable to me in the beginning.  It could ramp up anxiety sometimes but it took my mind off how bad I felt.  If you have smoked for years you should be able to figure out pretty quick if it works for you or not.

I was on 1mg of K for 9 years and it was a pretty brutal taper...1mg is not a small dose.  However, post jump has been a better experience.  Still healing, but hopeful.  I started taking MidNite after jump (melatonin and chamomile) and it was a life saver.  Some people don’t do well on chamomile.  I also started CBD oil after jump...best thing ever.

Good luck!

Thanks!  How much Melatonin?  I have 5 MG tabs which I thought was what the doctor recommended. But it's way too much.  Is .05 a likely dose to prescribe?

I take 1.5 mg of melatonin.  That works for me, but I’m sure if you google it you can look up recommended dosage.

marijuana is hit and miss - some people find it greatly helps withdrawal, but others have been set way back by it.  If you have smoked in the past without issue and want to try, I would suggest starting with an indica, since sativa strains are more likely to cause paranoia during withdrawal.  There is a facebook group called "Blazing Benzos" that discusses the use of CBD and marijuana for withdrawal.

Some people do find over the counter things - like melatonin, benadryl, or unisom helpful for sleep, but there is always the potential for a setback for some people.  Many things are very individual, so what sets back one person may be a lifesaver to another.

Don't worry too much about the horror stories you have read, since many people do not experience them.  That being said, 1mg klonopin is NOT a low dose, it is what I took for years.  Many people get off this dose without issue, while others go through hell.  Hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones who doesn't feel much.

I just wanted to mention: you said you have come off of benzos before.  I'm glad to hear you are doing pretty well this time, but remember that each future time you try to stop taking benzos, withdrawal can be much more significant.  I don't tell you this to scare you, but I wanted to mention it so you don't go back on a benzo, thinking that getting off next time will also be easy.  Many people, including myself, got off of a benzo once or twice with only a little anxiety/insomnia, then when we tried to stop again we got slammed.  So the doctor's logic that you got off before without issue so you can get off again, is not necessarily accurate.  Yes, there are some people who go on and off without issues, but there are others who get slammed at some point when they try to stop again, and there is no way to know who will get hit.  Hopefully you have an easy withdrawal and are able to stay away from benzos.

I am two years of a 40 year use of Valium/Diazepam and just three days ago took 3 mgs of Melatonin for sleep, it has brought back and worsened my WD symptoms big time and I feel lethargic and drowsy all day.  Nightmares, tingling, rapid heartbeat to name a few symptoms four hours after taking it.......then waking in the morning with depression.....