Withdrawal Articles

[go...]

I read through withdrawal articles the odd time to pass the time. Sometimes they upset me, sometimes they bring me comfort.

I enjoy this guys writing a lot. But it really worries me reading it. From reading his other articles all I can think of is wow sounds like he went through a rough withdrawal. Then I read this and he says he worked after three months and took on a carpentry job. He came off 9 long term psyche medications and was working in three months.

I was on a low dose for a short period of time and tapered off. I'm going into month 8 and I've been getting progressively worse for the last 4 months. I can barely cook myself food many days and I have trouble following football, talking to my GF and walking to the shop. I would do anything to be able to work but I wouldn't be able to do a convincing interview never mind even an hour of work.

https://www.madinamerica.com/2013/03/social-vacuum/

Don't compare your situation to anyone else's. It isn't uncommon at all to be where you are at at 8 months off. I wasn't really able to start working again until I was about 18 months off and it was a rocky road for a long time after that but eventually I was able to start my own business, move out on my own again and I have even started to pick up some hobbies.

This is probably the worst thing that most of us will ever have to endure (I have been here over 7 years and I have yet to hear of anyone who has had to deal with anything worse) but most people heal up pretty good in the first year or two so you are likely well on your way. Sometimes it gets worse before it gets better though so you just have to hang on and wait it out.

[30...]

Don't compare your situation to anyone else's. It isn't uncommon at all to be where you are at at 8 months off. I wasn't really able to start working again until I was about 18 months off and it was a rocky road for a long time after that but eventually I was able to start my own business, move out on my own again and I have even started to pick up some hobbies.

This is probably the worst thing that most of us will ever have to endure (I have been here over 7 years and I have yet to hear of anyone who has had to deal with anything worse) but most people heal up pretty good in the first year or two so you are likely well on your way. Sometimes it gets worse before it gets better though so you just have to hang on and wait it out.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:  :smitten: