6 Months Free Today.

[Et...]

I wanted to celebrate with everybody that I am 6 months free today. Sadly I got sucked down to a full blown wave today so I an not too upbeat. I can say life is much better, at some point during the last week I was ready to declare victory, the windows have came and become longer, I seem to be able to coast above all symptoms but they got too overwhelming today so here I am.

To anybody suffering out there stay strong, it does get much better, I now understand why people come to the board for their success stories and say they are 80% healed; I have felt that way recently and it is such a relief from the constant suffering it is a success story. Today I am seeking support but I hope I can leave some good news to anybody suffering today.

Congratulations on 6 months free - you've got this! Today is minor- you have a lot to be thankful for and optimistic of your future- God bless.

Your ability to still remember and hold the perspective you feel when you're doing "good", even while you are in a wave speaks volumes to you being well on your way to a full recovery! Thank you for this encouragement and it's really nice to see someone still keeping good faith while they are in a less than positive space. It's very hard for me to believe my good experiences, or windows, when I am struggling- so I'm inspired by your willpower.

Congrats on the six month mark. .

Can you describe your wave? Is it mental or physical?

Do you just still not feel like yourself?

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

W0lflover, I think in our situation all we are allowed to have is faith and hope; there is really nothing else to hold on to. I know at some point this coming week I will feel great, if only for a moment, so I try to pass time to get there.

FakeItTilYouMakeIt, there are always symptoms poking at me, in the good days I am like a normal person who doesn't pay attention to them. By symptoms I mean fears and anxieties, being tired, benzo brain, obsessing if I've hallucinated things in my vision, bad short term memory problems. My physical symptoms are blurry vision, joint pain, rice krispies neck, and my Achilles heel is a crackling noise while breathing in. This last one is something I can hear when everything is quiet and it's what threw me into the wave today. For me a wave is when I get overwhelmed by my symptoms and can't handle it, its a feeling of despair and feeling like I am going to die of some terrible illness; I start to google every symptom in a constant state of panic; perhaps that constant state of fear and panic mixed with all my symptoms is what I would call a wave.

Thanks for the question, writing this down may come in handy in the future while looking back.