Weird vision changes - is this a symptom of anxiety?

[co...]

Hello Buddies,

This morning I experienced something quite scary that I have never encountered... Quick backstory: I switched over to Valium from Xanax about 3 weeks ago and have been at a dose of 12.5mg/day (going to make a cut next week). I have terrible terrible health anxiety and every little symptom sets off alarm bells for me. Anyway, I had taken a dose of Valium (5mg) last night before bed, so this was roughly 10 hours later... I was sitting at my computer and all of a sudden my vision went very blurry. Words looked like they were moving around and the center of my vision was not there, if that makes sense. I got scared and went to lay down, and all of a sudden I started seeing very weird colored shapes and vision was still blurry. Even when I closed my eyes I could still see the shapes. I took my first morning dose of Valium and roughly 15-20 minutes the weird vision changes went away.

I am not understanding why this has happened as I haven't even made a cut yet. Is this just anxiety?? Has anyone else experienced this type of symptom before? Please help  :-\

Replying to my own post because a pregnant friend just told me that what I experienced is a "silent migraine." I looked it up and all the symptoms match. Many times they are triggered by stress, anxiety, and hormone changes (I am currently going through all three haha). So makes sense.

As a fellow long term sufferer of health anxiety, I'm willing to bet your vision changes are partially related to stress and the change in your medication. The visual nuances you're seeing with your eyes closed is something that may have always existed to some extend but now more noticeable due to your hyper-awareness related to the health anxiety.

Health anxiety sucks, huh. As I type this my fingertips are buzzing like I'm holding a chainsaw, and of course I think MS....not benzo withdrawal. It's a vicious cycle that I hope you find some relief from.

I get similar symptoms. It’s happened to me for years. Sometimes I can only see white or my vision gets blurry. It’s like my eyes and brain are just over stimulated. I think it’s very normal. For me if it lasts less than an hour then it’s probably due to panic and anxiety. If it lasts days it seems to be withdrawal related. It’s normal. Don’t think to much into it just try to roll with it.