Time before tolerance hits

[Jo...]

Hi there! Anyone know how long before Valium stops working if you take it daily? I crossed from evil Xanax to 40 mg valium and am curious if any fellow Buddies know how short of a time I have before I must start tapering so I don't go into tolerance withdrawal. I have a lot of Valium to taper off of....lolol. thank you 4 any help. :angel:

Each person is individually affected.  Some never reach tolerance I am told.  Others do.  I did.  I'm not doing well, but seeking help from BB's, too.  Hope you find your help.

I'm interested too as I get interdose issue with Valium, it only seems to last a few hours, it's always been like that with me (terrible rebound anxiety) so this taper thing is not working for me very well!

In constant state of anxiety, tremors etc. maybe that's just withdrawal.. Never done this before.

It's meant to have a long life I thought... My tapers not been great though so stick to it and I'm sure you'll be sweet!

Hopefully you'll be fine!!

Thanks, Joy, for your kind words.  We're in this together.  I pray for the suffering Benzo buddies and will keep doing it.  I feel such pain for everyone.  It's so hard to hear these things.

But I hear of a lot of people getting off of this poison and there are successes.  Let's me some of them, too!  Hang on!

Blessings,

LynnM

• 1 month later...

I hit bad tolerance at three years! Along time in compared with some I think?. Now if I look back I could see it coming.

I actually hit tolerance after a extremely stressful time and my anxiety skyrocketed. Unsure all I know is it started with panic attacks. I am tapering oxazepam (serax)