What Happens When You Eat Sugar?

[bo...]

Can people explain the symptoms that they get when they eat something with sugar?

Anything I eat with sugar provokes a rapid, over-stimulated mind. My head can't calm down.

• Wow 1

If I eat more than a little sugar my heart rate goes insane, I feel shaky and really anxious. I have racing thoughts and when it comes down I get severely depressed and weak. Its the worst. 😕

Can people explain the symptoms that they get when they eat something with sugar?

After I eat refined sugar, I get a headache, bad mood, low energy, and just overall lousy feeling.  I've adopted a keto lifestyle few months ago, so my body is no longer used to refined sugar, and it reacts negatively.  Yesterday I was at a graduation reception and they were serving cake, I had one bite and I just put it away, it was just too sweet and it gave me a headache afterwards.  A little sugar in natural form is ok for me, when I have some fresh fruit or raw unprocessed honey, I don't react badly.

If I eat more than a little sugar my heart rate goes insane, I feel shaky and really anxious. I have racing thoughts and when it comes down I get severely depressed and weak. Its the worst. 😕

This

Yeah, I get hit hardcore with racing thoughts and severely increased mental anxiety. Its bizarre, I used to be a sugar fiend.

My insides shake really bad (internal tremors), heart palpitations and anxiety. My arms and leg can also begin to shake on the inside. Plus my mind races. I eat stevia or no sugar. I can eat some natural sugar in fruit but it does seem like strawberries can rev me up too. I even have to watch sugar in milk. I ate some pudding today that was sugar free but it kicked off my tremors. I am sitting here shaking all over.

• 3 weeks later...

I was doing pretty good avoiding sugar the past month. I felt great on Friday and went to a barbecue. I drank lemonade, ate some Cheetohs, and had a few small pieces of fudge. Today, I basically have all the same symptoms again.

Do people ever tolerate sugar again after benzos?

• 4 weeks later...
I attempted to eat a granola bar with a glass of milk today to see how I would do. It immediately revved up my thoughts and made me have racing thoughts and anxiety. I felt drugged about an hour after and now I'm dealing with depression and dark thoughts. I really can't eat sugar at all anymore and I will make sure I don't again.

After 2 years i can. Even i feel it doesnt make me good. It changes my sleep and tiredness. But i think this is the normal effects. People in general are addicted to sugar.

Yesterday i drink a beer and i had wd head during 30 mins. Unability to think with some intrusive thoughgs. I started a wave of intrusive thoughts but i know how to live with them until vanishes

Adjusta:

Feeling better after eating sugar probably has to do with insulin resistance.

I have been off sugar for several months because I became sensitive to it in this last wave. You will be fine to eat sugar occasionally again once you heal.

Eating sugar on a regular basis isn't healthy for anyone so keeping it moderate is a great idea for long term health.

I don't feel anything special when I eat sugar. I don't usually eat it daily but occasionally at parties I do and never noticed it affected me. I just feel guilty when I eat a lot :-[

Adjusta:

Feeling better after eating sugar probably has to do with insulin resistance.

I have been off sugar for several months because I became sensitive to it in this last wave. You will be fine to eat sugar occasionally again once you heal.

Eating sugar on a regular basis isn't healthy for anyone so keeping it moderate is a great idea for long term health.

I know. I ate Paleo prior to withdrawal.

Because I have lost all internal sensation and have no feedback from stomach my brain seems to think it is constantly starving.

I get sugar cravings constantly - they are far more intense than the ones I used to get prementurally and are causing severe panic attacks that go on for days until I give in and eat biscuits - like a whole pack of them. It is extremely distressing. It started when my brain got very muddled up about what was edible or not last year. I was doing things like trying to eat my toothbrush or cutlery, my hand grabbed raw meat and tried to put it in my mouth, the smell of cooked foods became repulsive to me and then my brain fixated on biscuits like an extreme obsession. I am fighting it all day every day. It is horrendous.

My blood sugar is now high. I simply can’t control it. I have tried everything. Nothing helps.

Sugar raises Your cortisol level along with the epi etc. STick to complex carbs and avoid anything with refined sugar and especially high fructose corn syrup . Honey is just a bad . Also AVOID caffeine like the plague. Been there done that .