Indecisiveness

[sh...]

Does anyone get this. its driving me crazy

I'm dealing with a particular issue at the moment. One moment in the day I've made one decision then later in the day I've changed my mind of it and then thinking different thoughts on the same issue and it goes on and on. It feels like I'm going crazy. It feels like I am like a different person all day long and keep changing personalities and thoughts.

Does anyone experience this?

Shania

Yes indeed. Emotions change radically from morning to evening. Made it very hard to buy a new house, for example. I'd find one, make an offer, get an agreement, then wake up the next morning feeling completely different about it and cancel the agreement. Then of course later I'd regret cancelling it. Finally I bought one and somehow closed the deal. I feel good about it every evening, but every morning I worry I made a big mistake. It's like bipolar disorder.

Thanks Redeven you have described it very well. This is me. That's what scares me the most. I don't trust my own thoughts at all about anything really.

Thanks for your reply

Shania

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just bumping this because my main symptom at the moment seems to be this

I try so hard to make a decision about something that is upsetting me... I then resolve it and make the decision ..then as soon as I have that positive yes ive made the decision I immediately change my mind and go down hill and negative. Its perpetual. I cant trust my own decisions.

Does this resonate with anyone?

[42...]

omg totally.

what ive tried to do is, those moments or days when im not as bad, when my head is slightly clearer or i feel a little more sure of myself (relatively speaking) i think of things then, then i stand by them when im feeling extra poopy. like if im a mess today, but yesterday i was certain i wanted to watch the two towers before watching return of the king, id say, self, remember yesterday you were hellbent to watch the two towers? yes? good, lets do that then.

and give yourself a pass if not life and death decisions.

we're a mess, we know we are, so with a lot of things, meh, *&^% it.

but i know theres important decisions to make as well, try to make some when youre at your best (for now best) and have some faith in your decision. if you cant decide anyway, at least the choice made when you were able to make it has some merit.

im rambling and probably not making much sense - this response will self destruct in 10...9...8...7.....

More than you know is possible. I am dealing with a major family issue right now and have probably made a "final" decision 6 different times in the last 48 hours.  Knowing that this is part of withdrawal is helpful as I may just wait to give "my final answer" in a few more weeks.  But it seems that is always what I am saying now.... a few more days, a few more weeks.  I just want to be decisive and productive again! 

Shania, Do what the future YOU would thank You for!! 

That makes sense to me  thankyou. I will think about this

shania

Thankyou leslie and luke sky walker. I am sooooo grateful. I thought I was the only one who had this..Now I know I'm not alone in this symptom. I never know which is the real me..but will think about your advice when I'm going through a wave.

Thankyou x