Major setback due to alcohol - advice

[Ru...]

I’ve been off benzos for two months now and i was having a more descent quality sleep two weeks after I jumped. Over a week ago I celebrated my 10 year anniversary with my wife, I was feeling good and I made the mistake to drink alcohol. I had about four drinks and and a couple of glasses of wine at home. That night I was able to sleep but the following day I had major anxiety just like when I was on benzos. Since then it’s been difficult to go back to having a good night sleep. My nervous system seems to have revamped and I have spent the last two nights sleeping probably 3 hours between the two. I had lost the fear of not being able to sleep and try to be relax so that it would come back little by little and it did; but now I feel fearful once again of not being able to sleep. I feel horrible and obviously I won’t drink ever again either alcohol or caffeine. Has anyone experienced something like this? Any thoughts? Suggestions? I really need words of encouragement. Thanks.

Hey Rusty!

It happened the same to me. When I was at 8 months, I had just one beer and I was sick for a couple of weeks (but it faded away).

Alcohol acts on the same receptors as the benzos, so it's a bad idea to drink alcohol. It messes your withdrawal symptoms, but it fades a way, don't worry.

cheers from spain.