Father of two needs help tapering off 1mg Klonopin

[Li...]

Hi everyone and thanks for all your great inspiring stories of coming off benzos.  I've just recently had a bad experience tapering off 1mg of Klonoping (.5 morn/.5 night) I've been on 6 months.  Started at .5mg but unfortunately up to 1mg now.  My psychiatrist gave me a tapering plan which had me coming off in 6 weeks!  That's a 25% cut every two weeks.  I hadn't been on this site so I didn't realize it should've taken much longer and now I'm dealing with physical symptoms I believe of tapering too fast.  Joints hurt and I have twitches, spasms daily.  I made it to the 4th week of 6 week taper and had to give up due to the pain.  I went back up to 1mg and now she has prescribed Zoloft to help with my symptoms thinking my Seretonin was low.  Anyways, I'd like to do a liquid taper based on all the great feedback I'm reading on this site.  I read a post by another member stating to mix 15ea 1mg Klonopins  with 30ml vodka and 120ml water.  I would then using a syringe take in the liquid amount needed (one dose in morning/one at night) and come down .1ml each day.  So day 1 would be 9.9ml, day 2 would be 9.8ml, day 3 9.7 ml etc., etc...  Does this sound like an effective plan?  Looks like it would take 14 to 15 weeks more or less.  Thanks for any feedback.

Hi everyone and thanks for all your great inspiring stories of coming off benzos.  I've just recently had a bad experience tapering off 1mg of Klonoping (.5 morn/.5 night) I've been on 6 months.  Started at .5mg but unfortunately up to 1mg now.  My psychiatrist gave me a tapering plan which had me coming off in 6 weeks!  That's a 25% cut every two weeks.  I hadn't been on this site so I didn't realize it should've taken much longer and now I'm dealing with physical symptoms I believe of tapering too fast.  Joints hurt and I have twitches, spasms daily.  I made it to the 4th week of 6 week taper and had to give up due to the pain.  I went back up to 1mg and now she has prescribed Zoloft to help with my symptoms thinking my Seretonin was low.  Anyways, I'd like to do a liquid taper based on all the great feedback I'm reading on this site.  I read a post by another member stating to mix 15ea 1mg Klonopins  with 30ml vodka and 120ml water.  I would then using a syringe take in the liquid amount needed (one dose in morning/one at night) and come down .1ml each day.  So day 1 would be 9.9ml, day 2 would be 9.8ml, day 3 9.7 ml etc., etc...  Does this sound like an effective plan? Looks like it would take 14 to 15 weeks more or less.  Thanks for any feedback.

Good plan.