Progress.....A message of hope!

[jo...]

Hi to all my fellow sufferers!

In October I will reach the 24 months mark off benzo's.

If someone was following my posts, u will recognize a person not being able to sleep more than 4 hours per night, feeling completely disfunctional, and considering to reinstate.

Just when I was planning my visit to the doc for reinstate, suddenly I started to sleep much better, some days 5 hours, some days 7 hours, and almost of the days with refreshing sleep!!

Now It's my second week of feeling the bright side of life. I'm walking 14 km each day, and I'm starting to see the end of the tunnel.

For those who thinks that the only people who recover are short term users or people without insomnia, you are wrong!

My case was on the rough side of the benzo withdrawal (high dosage for 5 years, extreme insomnia of days without sleep, isolation... you name it!).

I'm not ready yet to write a success story, but I will once I'm at 100%.

I thought it was my dutty to write here, because people tend to write when they are suffering, but hey forget the forum once they recover.

Just an advice: Stop worrying about sleep, don't talk about sleep, stop reading about sleep. Learn to stretch your muscles and make deep breaths. Live a simple life, don't worry about toxic people, learn to be alone, and learn to distract yourself.

Suddenly the time will pass and you will start to sleep again.

Cheers and sorry for my english, it's not my first languaje.

Joan

your lucky man, I was on a measly 1mg of ativan for only 2 and a half years and I been off 6 months and still feel awful

Thanks Joan..insomnia is my worst enemy. It is so frustrating to never sleep much. I no longer recognize the person in the mirror or in pictures, as I have changed so much. Oh well, I'm still upright and moving forward. Supplements/otc pills have not ever worked, so I am on my own waiting for sleep to one day return. I can only hope.

Otherwise, I am moving forward and have put the drugs behind me. I am grateful for that.  :thumbsup:

Not reading more and more stuff is excellent advice. Thanks!

Thanks Joan..insomnia is my worst enemy. It is so frustrating to never sleep much. I no longer recognize the person in the mirror or in pictures, as I have changed so much. Oh well, I'm still upright and moving forward. Supplements/otc pills have not ever worked, so I am on my own waiting for sleep to one day return. I can only hope.

Otherwise, I am moving forward and have put the drugs behind me. I am grateful for that.  :thumbsup:

Not reading more and more stuff is excellent advice. Thanks!

Well, I think you have the right attittude! I had this same feeling of looking me at the mirror and see another person ( I'm now overweight, because the lack of sleep made me have sugar cravings, also insomnia slow your metabolism).

But this are tricks that benzo withdrawal plays with your mind.

As far as i know, insomia is the last thing to resolve, so you have to be patience and wait...just wait.

your lucky man, I was on a measly 1mg of ativan for only 2 and a half years and I been off 6 months and still feel awful

6 months is still early. I'm sure it will improve soon!

Did you have insomnia before benzo's?

Cheers

Nightengale,

Insomnia is my worst enemy as well!.... I have been off Klonopin for 1 year (after 7 years on) and been off Amitriptyline for 6 months ( after 7 years on).  My stupid doctor never told me these we horrible drugs that mess up your brain.  I was initially put on them when I turned 50 years old because of sleep problems ( he never checked my hormones for menopause) just pushed pills.  Some nights I fall asleep, then wake up can't go back, some nights cannot fall asleep, etc.  I do not feel myself from lack of sleep.  I never feel sleepy.  I just have to be hopeful...and keep reading success stories.  THANKS TO EVERYONE HERE ON BB..  I will NEVER put another pill in my body. 

6 months is still early. I'm sure it will improve soon!

Did you have insomnia before benzo's?

Cheers

Yep, Started in 2014 out of nowhere, why I started on abunch of stuff...most of the stuff I took was not long at all besides the Ativan and then I took a Non Benzo Pamelor for awhile

I am happy for you Joanet! Wish you much healing your way. You will make it. I am struggling with some new GI issues at seven months off. No fun at all, but I am pushing through.

Que sigas mejorando y no te rindas!

• 1 month later...
Runnergirl, insomnia is the worst enemy for so many. It will get better says those who walked ahead of us. The doctor's really need to rethink the pill pushing on unsuspecting patients. If I think about it too much, I become so sad and upset. I try not to waste my thoughts on things I can't change. We have such a great place on here to vent with kind hearts to listen.  :smitten:

I was on .5 for 3 months ( every third day the third month) I'm at 6 months and still suffering. I hope our healing is right around the corner for both of us.