Refreshed sleep

[St...]

Im in desperate need to actually feel like I slept. I have no sense of it at all. Not awake in the mornings or afternoons and not sleepy at night. When will this return???

Hi Stacey, are you staying in bed at night with your eyes closed? If you keep doing that every night, you will start to get some bits of sleep here and there... sometimes you get microsleeps that are so light you don't realize you've slept... your body and your brain are working on getting sleep back... every day you are healing...

Hi StaceyY,

You're still very early in the withdrawal process, for a while sleep will be scarce and low quality.  I was going on 0-3 hours per night for the first 3 months, I thought it would never end, but it gets better with time.  The 'not having sense' of it all is normal due to the drug's absence in your body and also because you are sleep deprived. But your body will adjust, that refreshing sleep will comeback eventually, slowly, gradually.  Remember, sleep is a state of surrender, it's good to practice it like that.  I remind myself that everynight, albeit I'm rebellious sometimes, and I don't practice bedtime routine as I should.  But I do try.  Acceptance helps as well.

Hi StaceyY,

You're still very early in the withdrawal process, for a while sleep will be scarce and low quality.  I was going on 0-3 hours per night for the first 3 months, I thought it would never end, but it gets better with time.  The 'not having sense' of it all is normal due to the drug's absence in your body and also because you are sleep deprived. But your body will adjust, that refreshing sleep will comeback eventually, slowly, gradually.  Remember, sleep is a state of surrender, it's good to practice it like that.  I remind myself that everynight, albeit I'm rebellious sometimes, and I don't practice bedtime routine as I should.  But I do try.  Acceptance helps as well.

Are you able to go on trips or anything? I wanted to go to church camp this year but I cant because of this sleep issue. Can you sleep if you go anywhere?