Need help starting liquid taper! Clueless....

[Ed...]

I'm down to 3.5mgs valium once a day. I think I want to go down a little more gently from here, I need some help because I have no idea how to do a liquid taper.

Can someone please explain a way I can do this? I want to get off this stuff!!!

Thanks, Eden  :smitten:

[fd...]

The basic approach is to dissolve your pills into a small amount of alcohol (vodka works), then to dilute that dissolved pill with some water.  This makes a dilute solution of your drug.  Then you simply remove a little bit of that liquid each day and drink the rest.  Each day, you remove just a tiny bit more of the solution before drinking it.

You'll need some kind of measuring device.  Some people buy a graduated cylinder, but a decent measuring cup will work just fine.  A lot of people will use a graduated disposable syringe to remove the unwanted portion of the solution each day.  You can save that unused solution for the following day, fwiw. 

There's a very active thread on daily liquid micro tapering here:  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=135284.0;topicseen    Post a message to that group, and I'm sure somebody (Builder, probably) will get back to you.

Hope this helps.