Please help! Xanax and Gabapentin W/D

[Kh...]

I was prescribed Xanax for 30 yrs and finished a tough 12 mo taper a year ago. I was also prescribed Gabapentin during the Xanax taper and ended Gabapentin in mid May.

I have been through many symptoms during this struggle and now down to 2. Electric shocks-off and on-during the day and nighttime anxiety/panic for the last 2 weeks. It seems the symptoms come and go and often return with more vengeance. I often feel I am going “backwards”.

Has anyone had these experiences, do they eventually lessen and any advice to help with symptoms?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes. They are so common they've been given names. Waves and Windows for one. Windows are when it's good, Waves is when the symptoms come roaring back in.

peace,

stasia

:smitten:

Congratulations on a fine accomplishment of tapering off of these meds. No, you are NOT going backwards. Natural healing does not occur on a nice linear graph line. Instead, it goes in up and down spikes on the graph while always slowly going upward. When you feel a setback, it is simply a dip in the natural healing graph - the important thing is that the overall line is moving upwards all the time. You are healing and will continue to heal.  Well done!