Histamine Intolerance

[Si...]

A few weeks ago, I started having rapid heart beat and severe tension after eating specific foods. As if the insomnia alone wasn't bad enough, I added blueberries to my oatmeal at night which kept me awake all night. I finally dosed a little at 5am. This past Friday night, it was Papas beef and pork rib. A lot of things I eat cause my heart rate to increase for 1-2 hours only (if I'm lucky). I have read about histamine intolerance and bought a very expensive ($50) bottle of diamine oxidase (the enzyme that degrades histamine). It hasn't really helped that much. I also bought probiotics for HIT.

I have researched this and it is related to liver function. The liver plays a part in degrading histamine put very simply. I am realizing that the medications I was on for 10 years (Vicodin, muscle relaxants to name a few) and the benzos for the last 4 years had resulted in my liver needing a lot of healing.

I also read that the liver regenerates and is most active between 1 -3 am which is why I wake up feeling like I'm going to explode from an adrenaline dump every morning at that time.

I am convinced that I need to just focus on healing my liver. I don't want to do any testing for food intolerances or genetic

abnormalities which i have read help determine how to proceed with HIT. I just want to keep it simple and try to control this with supplements, diet, exercise, etc.

If nothing else, this info gives me piece of mind know what's behind my insomnia instead of just wondering how long I will have to just suck it up and deal with it.

I still feel like road kill in the morning. The tension and stress usually gives way by afternoon and then I feel relaxed even though still very tired.

The liver does heal and regenerate but of course the time it take depends on the health of the individual.

I also wanted to add that I was taking 15mg Remeron and the HIT started a few weeks after I cut back to 12 mg. I'm not going back up on it. The Remeron at low doses 3.5 - 7.5mg is an antihistamine therefore sedating but this effect wears off after time.

https://bodyecology.com/articles/do-you-have-histamine-intolerance-4-steps-to-rebuild-tolerance

• 2 weeks later...

I had all of this a while back and kept on thinking I had histamine intolerance. It drove me crazy. I kept cutting things out and changing things up to try and stop all the symptoms after I ate. I kept putting it down to the food. Now this symptom only comes up now and again and I don't notice it much. Its annoying when it does come back though. it will go

I do think some of it was histamine intolerance but as it comes and goes now it rarely bothers me at the moment

Shania

• 2 years later...

A few weeks ago, I started having rapid heart beat and severe tension after eating specific foods. As if the insomnia alone wasn't bad enough, I added blueberries to my oatmeal at night which kept me awake all night. I finally dosed a little at 5am. This past Friday night, it was Papas beef and pork rib. A lot of things I eat cause my heart rate to increase for 1-2 hours only (if I'm lucky). I have read about histamine intolerance and bought a very expensive ($50) bottle of diamine oxidase (the enzyme that degrades histamine). It hasn't really helped that much. I also bought probiotics for HIT.

I have researched this and it is related to liver function. The liver plays a part in degrading histamine put very simply. I am realizing that the medications I was on for 10 years (Vicodin, muscle relaxants to name a few) and the benzos for the last 4 years had resulted in my liver needing a lot of healing.

I also read that the liver regenerates and is most active between 1 -3 am which is why I wake up feeling like I'm going to explode from an adrenaline dump every morning at that time.

I am convinced that I need to just focus on healing my liver. I don't want to do any testing for food intolerances or genetic

abnormalities which i have read help determine how to proceed with HIT. I just want to keep it simple and try to control this with supplements, diet, exercise, etc.

If nothing else, this info gives me piece of mind know what's behind my insomnia instead of just wondering how long I will have to just suck it up and deal with it.

I still feel like road kill in the morning. The tension and stress usually gives way by afternoon and then I feel relaxed even though still very tired.

The liver does heal and regenerate but of course the time it take depends on the health of the individual.

I also wanted to add that I was taking 15mg Remeron and the HIT started a few weeks after I cut back to 12 mg. I'm not going back up on it. The Remeron at low doses 3.5 - 7.5mg is an antihistamine therefore sedating but this effect wears off after time.

https://bodyecology.com/articles/do-you-have-histamine-intolerance-4-steps-to-rebuild-tolerance

I feel like I could have written this!  This is exactly how I feel in the morning and what I have determined is the problem- my liver and histamine.  Did you ever find any relief?

This sounds familiar to me too.  I had been chalking it up to a Wave cycle, but then most seem to think waves are unpredictable.  I don't want to go down this road, as I don't want to get anxiety about my liver function.  Relief would be nice but it seems like time is the only thing that will provide that.