2nd success story at 12 months - life just gets better

[SS...]

Hi Vica - i did have that scalp pain - it was pretty constant for a few months - then left - then came back and then left never to happen again - so - i suspect it is withdrawal related - the way i would describe it - felt like someone had been pulling at my hair for hours on end such that my scalp felt sore.  it felt like something was tugging yet i didnt have my hair in a clip or pony tail - so - not sure what causes that but it was very uncomfortable.  hopefully it will stop soon for you!! 

the fact that your DHEA-S and cortisol levels are high means your adrenals are still going in full fight / flight mode - so  - i am not surprised by your symptoms.  i do understand the fear of supplements.  if you haven't tried some vitamin C - i would consider it - i stuck with twin labs crystalline vitamin C because its rumored not to be a citrus source - which can increase histamine.... i have no way of verifying that but i didnt have a bad reaction to it - since it was a capsule - i only took half the contents initially and worked my way up to a full one.  the more you can get your cortisol levels down the better your progesterone will do - they call it the progesterone steal because cortisol uses the same building blocks and when the body is alarmed - it will prioritize making cortisol...... in men - its a testosterone steal.

i struggled with the decision to stop the progesterone cream i had been using for years but i was on 25mg twice a day so a much heftier dose.  i am sure it made my withdrawal worse but i had concerns it was worsening things with hitting the GABA receptors.  i imagine something as low as 5mg wouldnt have much consequence and i don't think it is the source of the scalp issue you are talking about

best wishes for healing - you've been down a long road!

thanks for a great detailed post and all you did to heal ... very helpful , gives me hope .

I wish you all the best !

MiYu :)

Sorry but that link still does not work :( , It does bring you to a website from dr Amy Yasko but on that website it says this URL does not exist) I am very interested in that list so if you could double check it that would be so great.

Thank you for your detailed succes strory !!!!!

this sort of negativity is why I am leaving this site.  What a shame.  If you think i went from having hallucinations - no cognitive abilities  - seizures-  severe cardiac issues, etc., to highly functional in 5 months as coincidence with no set backs 7 months beyond that  - you are kidding yourself..... never the less - i still wish speedy healing to all.  i am officially done with this site - i wish the very best to the kind hearted people who supported me and who have reached out to me - keep the faith that you will heal :)

this sort of negativity is why I am leaving this site.  What a shame.  If you think i went from having hallucinations - no cognitive abilities  - seizures-  severe cardiac issues, etc., to highly functional in 5 months as coincidence - you are kidding yourself..... never the less - i still wish speedy healing to all.  i am officially done with this site.

You shouldn’t let one negative comment bring you down, that person is likely feeling the depression.  There’s been much more of a positive response, many of us are inspired by your posts and give us hope. I have a lot of the symptoms you had and your story is giving me a bit of hope, there’s so many horror stories on here that make me feel like ending my life. I’m on week 10 and seeing little to no improvement, I read your story at least once a day.

Sorry, I was negative, but could it be that all this stuff can be time consuming and expensive for someone who is been suffering for a while. Worth a try? I'm just not sure. It can make your head spin :o

Maybe a long hand approach to each symptom helps, I only have the energy to pick myself up for work each morning. Getting better with time.

i was worn down from 7 long years of health battles and multiple surgeries..... i understand the exhaustion and defeated feeling.  I told my mother i didn't have any more fight left in me as the previous fights took everything - i prayed for death - and when it didn't come - i picked myself up - dusted myself off - and started to fight again.  i am not saying my program was easy and it cost money and took time - but it healed me.  there is no one size fits all approach to healing from this.  as we've seen - many people have used exercise to heal - yet - i couldn't. 

i was greatly offended by  your comment because it took me a really long time to construct that post  - i worked on it all of last week while I was away on vacation - celebrating my 1 yr anniversary off benzos / z drugs - my family gave me grief for being on my laptop working on it each day.  i didn't write it for myself - i wrote it for all the people suffering who might want to try a new approach.  i can't promise it will work for everyone but i'm 100% sure the diet changes alone - no gluten - no dairy- no high histamine foods - no caffeine - no added sugar - no alcohol - will alone make improvement for people over time.

i don't really have anything more to contribute  - i wrote out everything i know in the 2 success stories and will be closing this chapter - as will all of you one day

Thanks so much for your time and story. YOU know how it was to read success stories and find some hope in them to keep going. Don't let a negative post bother you, many people are at their lowest point and may respond with bitterness, jealousy or just pain.

I too had many similar symptoms and experiences as you. My cortisol levels were checked several times and at one point were 20x the high number. I was diagnosed with Cushing's because of this but was not confirmed with MRI.  My prolactin #'s are off too, so it was good to see you mention this.

Vitamin D ramped me up big time even though I was dangerously deficient.

I had akathasia for over 6 months, paced the floor of my kitchen 16+ hours a day, and slept 0-1 hour a night for weeks.

Was diagnosed also with Parkinson's and tardive dyskinesia by two different neurologists. I, like you was told to try many more drugs and treatments but finally decided to bite the bullet and go through the hell. No more sleep supplements, no more help drugs.

I had a period of over 9 months that I prayed every day for God to take me, but he didn't. I finally turned a corner where I started to pray for his help and grace instead of death.

I'm close to writing my success story and am grateful for people like you who came back and gave hope.

Blessings and prayers to you my friend!

B strong ❤

[57...]

Right now, 'all of us are in the gutter...but some of us are looking up at the stars...'

SSR - You are a light and a blessing, my friend.

B strong - Your positivity and endurance - like that of SSR - is inspiring. Looking forward to your success story!

Thank you for the link my friend! And thank you for all that time and effort you put into this!

Although I am very interested and going to process it all, it does overwhelm me too as I am in this damn benzo withdrawal I havent even read it all yet and I opened your post many times. I too suffer from tinnitus, terrible brain fog, and just waking up with no will, no drive, and just hanging on for the ride. But do not feel optimistic at all, as you clearly stated in your post mindset is a huge part in this and I 100% agree with you, but sometimes this just translates in accepting your shitty situation and hanging on, sometimes there is just no way to feel ANY positivity, optimism or any helping thoughts in this process and still that fear of not coming out better in the end keeps hanging in the back of the mind even though you read 100000 succes stories the way you feel just feels so permanent, you feel so STUCK even though you KNOW chances are it is not forever. It is really a battle of the mind but boy is it tuff. I too am a glass half empty kind of person and that just makes this process harder. I know that and thank you for hammering this point in your posts.

Again thank you, people like you who come back here to help, and spread the message of healing and possibilities are very important.  :thumbsup:

[57...]

SSR, someone once said that there are only 2 root emotions in the language of the soul: fear, and Love. I, too, have found aspects of this forum full of negativity, jealousy, even. We're not the first to say this, and it needs saying. People leave here because of it. We have to assume the negativity comes from fear.

Surely, that's what matters - the choice you make between those 2 (and the intentions & actions springing from that choice). And what you've offered here demonstrates only love. As you point out, our styles are all different. Looking past that - as you have done - is what matters. In life, as on this forum.

Build it and they will come... You've tried to build a supportive, knowledgeable, proactive and positive community on here. We might still be in the minority, but your efforts are making a big difference, as the gratitude from some on this thread shows. Those ripples will carry on spreading... No matter the rest.

With love,

Lara

Thanks Lara - again - your kindness is what makes healing possible.  i was fortunate to bond with a few other people in this site - who will likely be life long friends..... for good people like you - and them - i have done my best to hang on here to be a calm voice of reassurance as others helped reassure me early on when i needed it.

i definitely comment in my story that being positive was not possible early on - so my main goal was just to be neutral - to stop the bad thoughts as they appeared and redirect them to silence.  it is hard to be positive when you are worn down from no sleep and have no signals of healing - but i promise - finding a way to tip the scale to any kind of positivity will help.

Such an awesome post. so many similarities to my situation. I too am a fan of natural healing and vitamins. Let food be thy medicine. So happy you are healed. Amazing!

Hi Vica - i did have that scalp pain - it was pretty constant for a few months - then left - then came back and then left never to happen again - so - i suspect it is withdrawal related - the way i would describe it - felt like someone had been pulling at my hair for hours on end such that my scalp felt sore.  it felt like something was tugging yet i didnt have my hair in a clip or pony tail - so - not sure what causes that but it was very uncomfortable.  hopefully it will stop soon for you!! 

the fact that your DHEA-S and cortisol levels are high means your adrenals are still going in full fight / flight mode - so  - i am not surprised by your symptoms.  i do understand the fear of supplements.  if you haven't tried some vitamin C - i would consider it - i stuck with twin labs crystalline vitamin C because its rumored not to be a citrus source - which can increase histamine.... i have no way of verifying that but i didnt have a bad reaction to it - since it was a capsule - i only took half the contents initially and worked my way up to a full one.  the more you can get your cortisol levels down the better your progesterone will do - they call it the progesterone steal because cortisol uses the same building blocks and when the body is alarmed - it will prioritize making cortisol...... in men - its a testosterone steal.

i struggled with the decision to stop the progesterone cream i had been using for years but i was on 25mg twice a day so a much heftier dose.  i am sure it made my withdrawal worse but i had concerns it was worsening things with hitting the GABA receptors.  i imagine something as low as 5mg wouldnt have much consequence and i don't think it is the source of the scalp issue you are talking about

best wishes for healing - you've been down a long road!

Hi SSR, thank you again with my all heart to taking your time to write back to me.  :smitten:

Reading trough all your post I still have some improvement to do about neurotoxicity food.

I need to try anything and everything to give my brain the chances to calm down.

I'm gluten free, sugar, alcohol, dairy and coffee free from over 2 years now but I was not medication free. Only 4 months now I'm off all the medication but I still used some spice and food what is on your list Not to use it.

I will try vitamin c and eliminate all or most staff on your list.

I loved what you said if we can think positive atlist try to stay natural. This  is my new goal and keep telling myself what I feeling is my brain healing. Oh boy it is hard very hard but no other choice.

I hope one day I will able to give encouragement here just like you.

God bless you and don't let any negative comments stop you what is your heart telling you. Helping others is wonderful.

Thank you again your comment  and help to me. :smitten:

Love and healing

Vica

Hi Vica - glad you found some potential new things to try - i really do think a full elimination of the various neurotoxic / inflammatory foods will help.  and also reaching your goal of being medication free is a huge accomplishment - it makes me so angry that people need to suffer for making decisions for their health !  I will continue to pray for your healing.  As you said - just aim for being neutral each day.  that will be a big help :)

SSR1975,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this and for your dedication to help fellow warriors.  Your detailed success stories have inspired me greatly and have given me new things to try.  Love what you said about positive thinking, as I am a true believer in it.  Neutrality is a good alternative when positive just isn’t possible.  I, too, love the books The Secret and The Power and am now reading The Magic.  So many will benefit from your experience.  Thank you, again!  Congratulations and cheers to continued health and happiness.  This is such a positive success story! 

Love,

Uni

Hi SSR one more quick question, as I stated I opened your post many times but it is much to process.

Just a simple one I went over your meal plan as you stated you went gluten free but doesn't oatmeal which you had for breakfast every day contain gluten?

And what about rice?

Thank you for clarifying.

Hi SSR one more quick question, as I stated I opened your post many times but it is much to process.

Just a simple one I went over your meal plan as you stated you went gluten free but doesn't oatmeal which you had for breakfast every day contain gluten?

And what about rice?

Thank you for clarifying.

Pure oats are gluten free.

Rice is also gluten free.

SMG is correct - oatmeal and rice do not contain gluten - and thank goodness because with the weight loss - i really needed some carb like fillers. 

although i would be sure to read the contain for the oatmeal as there is some possibility more "processed" brands could admit to putting some kind of gluten source in there.

if people are only going to make one change - i really believe firmly going gluten free has to be it - it took 5 months for my neurotransmitter testing to show my glutamate had come well down into the normal range - imagine what is happening for people who continue to eat gluten.....

i must say i am feeling really elated this morning because i awoke to an email from another warrior who said she had read my posts about the severe acne - tried the Lycopene and also had nearly instant results in stopping it.  what a success.  obviously acne can be coming from many things but in my case - i knew i had extremely high IGF-1 levels - which can cause acne - and not only did the lycopene stop it in its tracks - my IGF-1 levels came down to well within normal range within 2 months.  so - i think this is another testimonial that vitamins are not the placebo effect.....

Thank you! You are truly a great resource and I hope you keep posting. I already limited my gluten intake before this but if I can eat oatmeal and sweet potatoes and rice it will be no problem for me. I lost 12 kilos in 1 month  >:(

Hi Uni - thanks for stopping in and so glad my story has helped in any way - oh - i loved The Magic too - i guess it was a bit more of a workbook.  thank goodness i found those books years ago - as i really utilized the skills i had learned from reading them.  but that is also what made me realize positive thinking alone wasnt going to be enough in this case - at least not for me - i imagine others - with better genetics may be ok without any other resources!    unquestionably - digging deep to reconnect with the positive thinking gave my healing the push it needed!!!! 

I think i pulled those books out dozens of times during the nightmares and kept reminding myself that i had to tip the scale to positivity when possible but at least neutrality at a minimum!!  best wishes for your healing :)

Wow, you are quite a fighter. I believe that your diligence and determination in coming up with, and ultimately sticking to a well thought out, thoroughly researched plan paid major dividends in your recovery. Thanks for sharing such a detailed account of your journey. Very well organized! I certainly appreciate how you linked each bodily system with various symptoms, as well as the supplements you used to help balance things out. We could certainly used more detailed accounts of recovery such as yours. Wishing you continued success and healing on your journey!