Author Topic: 2nd success story at 12 months - life just gets better  (Read 22085 times)

[Buddie]

Re: 2nd success story at 12 months - life just gets better
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2018, 02:39:00 pm »
this sort of negativity is why I am leaving this site.  What a shame.  If you think i went from having hallucinations - no cognitive abilities  - seizures-  severe cardiac issues, etc., to highly functional in 5 months as coincidence with no set backs 7 months beyond that  - you are kidding yourself..... never the less - i still wish speedy healing to all.  i am officially done with this site - i wish the very best to the kind hearted people who supported me and who have reached out to me - keep the faith that you will heal :)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 03:34:36 pm by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2018, 03:26:20 pm »
this sort of negativity is why I am leaving this site.  What a shame.  If you think i went from having hallucinations - no cognitive abilities  - seizures-  severe cardiac issues, etc., to highly functional in 5 months as coincidence - you are kidding yourself..... never the less - i still wish speedy healing to all.  i am officially done with this site.

You shouldn’t let one negative comment bring you down, that person is likely feeling the depression.  There’s been much more of a positive response, many of us are inspired by your posts and give us hope. I have a lot of the symptoms you had and your story is giving me a bit of hope, there’s so many horror stories on here that make me feel like ending my life. I’m on week 10 and seeing little to no improvement, I read your story at least once a day.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2018, 04:17:56 pm »
Sorry, I was negative, but could it be that all this stuff can be time consuming and expensive for someone who is been suffering for a while. Worth a try? I'm just not sure. It can make your head spin :o
Maybe a long hand approach to each symptom helps, I only have the energy to pick myself up for work each morning. Getting better with time.

[Buddie]

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2018, 05:27:00 pm »
i was worn down from 7 long years of health battles and multiple surgeries..... i understand the exhaustion and defeated feeling.   I told my mother i didn't have any more fight left in me as the previous fights took everything - i prayed for death - and when it didn't come - i picked myself up - dusted myself off - and started to fight again.  i am not saying my program was easy and it cost money and took time - but it healed me.  there is no one size fits all approach to healing from this.  as we've seen - many people have used exercise to heal - yet - i couldn't. 

i was greatly offended by  your comment because it took me a really long time to construct that post  - i worked on it all of last week while I was away on vacation - celebrating my 1 yr anniversary off benzos / z drugs - my family gave me grief for being on my laptop working on it each day.   i didn't write it for myself - i wrote it for all the people suffering who might want to try a new approach.  i can't promise it will work for everyone but i'm 100% sure the diet changes alone - no gluten - no dairy- no high histamine foods - no caffeine - no added sugar - no alcohol - will alone make improvement for people over time.

i don't really have anything more to contribute  - i wrote out everything i know in the 2 success stories and will be closing this chapter - as will all of you one day

[Buddie]

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2018, 01:47:22 am »
Thanks so much for your time and story. YOU know how it was to read success stories and find some hope in them to keep going. Don't let a negative post bother you, many people are at their lowest point and may respond with bitterness, jealousy or just pain.
I too had many similar symptoms and experiences as you. My cortisol levels were checked several times and at one point were 20x the high number. I was diagnosed with Cushing's because of this but was not confirmed with MRI.  My prolactin #'s are off too, so it was good to see you mention this.
Vitamin D ramped me up big time even though I was dangerously deficient.
I had akathasia for over 6 months, paced the floor of my kitchen 16+ hours a day, and slept 0-1 hour a [...] for weeks.
Was diagnosed also with Parkinson's and tardive dyskinesia by two different neurologists. I, like you was told to try many more drugs and treatments but finally decided to bite the bullet and go through the hell. No more sleep supplements, no more help drugs.
I had a period of over 9 months that I prayed every day for God to take me, but he didn't. I finally turned a corner where I started to pray for his help and grace instead of death.
I'm close to writing my success story and am grateful for people like you who came back and gave hope.
Blessings and prayers to you my friend!

[...] ❤

[Buddie]

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2018, 06:13:14 am »
Right now, 'all of us are in the gutter...but some of us are looking up at the stars...'

[...] - You are a light and a blessing, my friend.

[...] - Your positivity and endurance - like that of [...] - is inspiring. Looking forward to your success story!

« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 06:44:40 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2018, 09:12:20 am »
Thank you for the link my friend! And thank you for all that time and effort you put into this!

Although I am very interested and going to process it all, it does overwhelm me too as I am in this damn benzo withdrawal I havent even read it all yet and I opened your post many times. I too suffer from tinnitus, terrible brain fog, and just waking up with no will, no drive, and just hanging on for the ride. But do not feel optimistic at all, as you clearly stated in your post mindset is a huge part in this and I 100% agree with you, but sometimes this just translates in accepting your shitty situation and hanging on, sometimes there is just no way to feel ANY positivity, optimism or any helping thoughts in this process and still that fear of not coming out better in the end keeps hanging in the back of the mind even though you read 100000 succes stories the way you feel just feels so permanent, you feel so STUCK even though you KNOW chances are it is not forever. It is really a battle of the mind but boy is it tuff. I too am a glass half empty kind of person and that just makes this process harder. I know that and thank you for hammering this point in your posts.

Again thank you, people like you who come back here to help, and spread the message of healing and possibilities are very important.  :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2018, 09:38:45 am »
[...], someone once said that there are only 2 root emotions in the language of the soul: fear, and Love. I, too, have found aspects of this forum full of negativity, jealousy, even. We're not the first to say this, and it needs saying. People leave here because of it. We have to assume the negativity comes from fear.

Surely, that's what matters - the choice you make between those 2 (and the intentions & actions springing from that choice). And what you've offered here demonstrates only love. As you point out, our styles are all different. Looking past that - as you have done - is what matters. In life, as on this forum.

Build it and they will come... You've tried to build a supportive, knowledgeable, proactive and positive community on here. We might still be in the minority, but your efforts are making a big difference, as the gratitude from some on this thread shows. Those ripples will carry on spreading... No matter the rest.

With love,
Lara
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 10:17:22 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2018, 11:28:15 am »
Thanks Lara - again - your kindness is what makes healing possible.   i was fortunate to bond with a few other people in this site - who will likely be life long friends..... for good people like you - and them - i have done my best to hang on here to be a calm voice of reassurance as others helped reassure me early on when i needed it.

i definitely comment in my story that being positive was not possible early on - so my main goal was just to be neutral - to stop the bad thoughts as they appeared and redirect them to silence.  it is hard to be positive when you are worn down from no sleep and have no signals of healing - but i promise - finding a way to tip the scale to any kind of positivity will help.

[Buddie]

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2018, 06:04:59 pm »
Such an awesome post. so many similarities to my situation. I too am a fan of natural healing and vitamins. Let food be thy medicine. So happy you are healed. Amazing!