Author Topic: 2nd success story at 12 months - life just gets better  (Read 14492 times)

[Buddie]

Re: 2nd success story at 12 months - life just gets better
« Reply #130 on: September 30, 2019, 01:43:27 pm »
[...],

This is great information.!! So glad you are doing well. I am in a bad wave again after having some GI issues but will come back to this thread.

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #131 on: September 30, 2019, 03:55:18 pm »
I think I was falsely diagnosed with Lyme after I tapered off a a med before this one.  I had band 41 showing a past infection,which was true, I had been treated for Lyme in the past successfully after I was bitten.

So I ended up treating Lyme again with herbs and homepathu.  Finally, I stopped, knowing I had to get off this benzo first. 

The recent Lyme treatment did weaken me but I'm trying very hard to get off this benzo.  The depression is the worst.  I have hair started walking around the block after being housebound last year from prior taper and maybe unneccesary Lymw treatment. 

Thanks for your inspiring story and for mentioning how you avoided the heavy metals and heavy detox path.  Its tempting to try and fix ourselves when the meds are clouding the picture.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #132 on: October 03, 2019, 02:08:54 pm »
i would expect GI issues to cause withdrawal like impacts - because many publications suggest 70-90% of the  neurotransmitter receptors are actually in the gut not the brain  -  i really believe the use of bentonite clay helped my healing tremendously - i had horrible GI issues the first few weeks and once i got on the clay things started to stabilize.   i still use the clay on and off at times - as it helps neutralize the body pH - some natural healers feel an acidic environment allows easier transmission of viruses and allow cancer cells to multiply - etc.,    i have actually not been sick once in the last 2 years while many people around me have picked up every bug going around..... as mentioned - if you decide to try clay - make sure its food grade as there is a lot of clay out there that is intended for external use - baths/masks, etc

as for other diagnoses - we've seen lots of angry posts from people who've come back and said they kept believing everything was withdrawal when in fact they needed to be treated for other things.  so - its hard to say.  i think if you were healthy before withdrawal - then its unlikely that things like mold, metals, candida, SIBO, lymes, etc are a concern...... if on the other hand you did have other medical issues before - then maybe you do have a long standing underlying condition.    i chased all these diagnoses for years before realizing that it was interpose withdrawal causing all my issues.  i wasted a lot of money on treatments that were never going to fix the problem and in fact made me much more ill because my body was so vulnerable from withdrawal......

i do think people in withdrawal can develop things like chronic fatigue, adrenal fatigue and POTS because the body is so worn down but they are probably not the answer to what is happening - they are a side effect / consequence.... and i think they will resolve as withdrawal conditions improve -that said - i did do things to treat POTS like ensuring my potassium and salt levels were properly maintained which made a huge improvement for me and i did use vitamins known to help adrenal issues - but many of the treatment protocols for these conditions involve using GABA acting supplements - which really should be avoided.....i went in circles thinking i had chronic lymes and that really wasn't the case.  i did have lymes years ago and the test was definitely positive - i was treated and healed - but when lymes like symptoms resurfaced - even though the test was not positive - i concluded it was chronic lymes..... i exposed myself to a ton of unnecessary antibiotics....

i continue to thrive 2+ yrs out and that is despite going through a lot of really stressful life events.  so healing is possible.  i know a lot of people think a cold turkey means life long suffering but i am living proof its not.   i will not have the chance to check this site much in the coming weeks as i will be traveling to Tokyo and Prague for work - so wishing everyone continued healing and lots of strength, faith and determination to get through this

[Buddie]

« Reply #133 on: October 03, 2019, 04:15:52 pm »
i would expect GI issues to cause withdrawal like impacts - because many publications suggest 70-90% of the  neurotransmitter receptors are actually in the gut not the brain  -  i really believe the use of bentonite clay helped my healing tremendously - i had horrible GI issues the first few weeks and once i got on the clay things started to stabilize.   i still use the clay on and off at times - as it helps neutralize the body pH - some natural healers feel an acidic environment allows easier transmission of viruses and allow cancer cells to multiply - etc.,    i have actually not been sick once in the last 2 years while many people around me have picked up every bug going around..... as mentioned - if you decide to try clay - make sure its food grade as there is a lot of clay out there that is intended for external use - baths/masks, etc

as for other diagnoses - we've seen lots of angry posts from people who've come back and said they kept believing everything was withdrawal when in fact they needed to be treated for other things.  so - its hard to say.  i think if you were healthy before withdrawal - then its unlikely that things like mold, metals, candida, SIBO, lymes, etc are a concern...... if on the other hand you did have other medical issues before - then maybe you do have a long standing underlying condition.    i chased all these diagnoses for years before realizing that it was interpose withdrawal causing all my issues.  i wasted a lot of money on treatments that were never going to fix the problem and in fact made me much more ill because my body was so vulnerable from withdrawal......

i do think people in withdrawal can develop things like chronic fatigue, adrenal fatigue and POTS because the body is so worn down but they are probably not the answer to what is happening - they are a side effect / consequence.... and i think they will resolve as withdrawal conditions improve -that said - i did do things to treat POTS like ensuring my potassium and salt levels were properly maintained which made a huge improvement for me and i did use vitamins known to help adrenal issues - but many of the treatment protocols for these conditions involve using GABA acting supplements - which really should be avoided.....i went in circles thinking i had chronic lymes and that really wasn't the case.  i did have lymes years ago and the test was definitely positive - i was treated and healed - but when lymes like symptoms resurfaced - even though the test was not positive - i concluded it was chronic lymes..... i exposed myself to a ton of unnecessary antibiotics....

i continue to thrive 2+ yrs out and that is despite going through a lot of really stressful life events.  so healing is possible.  i know a lot of people think a cold turkey means life long suffering but i am living proof its not.   i will not have the chance to check this site much in the coming weeks as i will be traveling to Tokyo and Prague for work - so wishing everyone continued healing and lots of strength, faith and determination to get through this

Thank you for response. 

I circle around the Lyme diagnosis whenever I get scared.  I was sick after my Lamictal withdrawal and so many of the symptoms; insomia, sweating, aching legs made some people think I had Lume.  I had two labs do tests and that band was the only one that showed up. All the other co infections were negative. 

So I have to have faith that once I'm off. I will be able to figure out where my health actually is at at that time.

I forgot, did you use the clay while you were tapering or once off. Never mind, I just remembered to did CT and used it from the beginning.  Would you recommend it during a taper?

Thanks for posting and answering. 
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 05:40:57 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #134 on: October 03, 2019, 10:54:29 pm »
yes - i cold turkeyed so can't say for sure but i think the sooner one starts with taking the clay - the better - you can also take warm baths for 15-20 min - it helps pull out toxins - but doesnt do anything for repairing the gut the way clay capsules will.    if you do opt to take it during taper - make sure you take it 2 hours away from dosing your taper med because otherwise it may absorb it

[Buddie]

« Reply #135 on: October 03, 2019, 11:06:14 pm »
yes - i cold turkeyed so can't say for sure but i think the sooner one starts with taking the clay - the better - you can also take warm baths for 15-20 min - it helps pull out toxins - but doesnt do anything for repairing the gut the way clay capsules will.    if you do opt to take it during taper - make sure you take it 2 hours away from dosing your taper med because otherwise it may absorb it

Okay, thanks again.  Wishing you continued good health. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #136 on: October 09, 2019, 08:56:51 pm »
[...] - Loved your post!  So, I'm ten months off xanax.  Was doing great until a few weeks ago when I tried testosterone replacement therapy.  I have been doing about 100mg of magnesium every day in order to avoid PVCs.  I'm considering what you said about genetics and micro-nutrients.
UPDATE: I have made a conscious effort to take less Magnesium throughout the day.  I only swig about 25mg before sleep time.  That seems to work well, and my waking mind is a bit clearer. 

I was originally taking Mg for PVCs, but I recently came to an obvious conclusion: I have been drinking pure, reverse osmosis water for at least 20 years.  Guess what?  No electrolytes in purified water.  So, I found this electrolyte water at the grocery store, and I drink a few swigs throughout the day, and sometimes I'll add a dash of tap water to my pure water.  Been doing this routine for a month or two and haven't noticed the PVCs return.  So for, so good. 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 06:03:19 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #137 on: October 10, 2019, 06:24:11 am »
I am in total awe.  How in the world did you ever do so much research??  I had brain fog for sooo long that some days I'd have difficulty spelling my own name.   

I agree with almost everything in your post.   I especially love the part about mindset and vitamins.   I've been saying up the potassium without even knowing why it worked for twitchies, I only know it worked like a charm for me.  Grapes and bananas mostly.   I also added a potassium/calcium/magnesium supplement when needed.   I'd read that for the magnesium to be absorbed correctly that it needed the calcium. 

As for the mindset.. science long ago proved that belief and expectations are a real thing.   Double blind experiments had to be developed when it became obvious that the expectations of the researchers had a real impact on results.  What we believe matters.

My question is about some supplements I take for blood pressure.  L carnitine and L arginine when taken together drop my blood pressure 20 points for the low number.   I had to go with this when the dang doctor put me on a beta blocker  WITHOUT mentioning that there was NO safe way to ever stop taking it.  It damages the adrenal system, for goodness' sakes!   I used my handy pill cutter and tapered the heck off of that poison.   This was the last straw.   I will NEVER EVER blindly trust a physician again.

I haven't had any issues with taking the herbs for blood pressure.   You see any, in terms of recovery from benzos?

And btw..  Thank you from moving on from the negative comment.   People in pain often say things they don't mean.   Please don't take it to heart.   The rest of us applaud your efforts.

Grandma [...]
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 06:40:55 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #138 on: October 11, 2019, 02:11:05 pm »
Hi [...] -  good for you for also getting off the beta blocker - anything that is altering the brain - we really need to stop and think about it - society existed centuries before medicine and many of the tribal populations that have never been exposed to modern medicine - live well into the 90s and 100s- so modern medicine is not needed for health and longevity ......  early healers understood they needed to figure out "why" the body was malfunctioning and fix the root cause - not take a pill to mask the symptom.......   think about this - every drug commercial you see has that man with a low voice come on at the end and lists the potential side effects- these side effects come about because the pill isn't just hitting the intended target - its hitting the endocrine / organ system in many ways......

carnitine and arginine are great supplements .  i wouldn't have any concerns about them .  my mom takes a hawthorn berry supplement to lower her blood pressure and cholesterol - it does the trick - she had previously been taking multiple meds for this.    since our bodies are more sensitive in withdrawal - its always good to ease on to anything - when i resumed all my vitamins i cut the dose in half or quarters initially and then pushed my way back to full doses .

the body can and will heal itself with the right tools!

[Buddie]

« Reply #139 on: October 11, 2019, 02:41:24 pm »
Hawthorn Berry?   Never heard of that... I'll have to look into that.   Thanks so much!  That's a great help!