please help me, can't stay asleep

[th...]

I need advice can't sleep more then 4 hrs and wake up to pee up all night.  never had this problem before.  im taking strong meds to sleep (dont judge i need help) and keep waking up.  the only thing i can think of that will make it better is taking on an empty stomach which i never do. 

will this help.  those that do please give me advice on timing when to take them.  tx, love you guys

I need advice can't sleep more then 4 hrs and wake up to pee up all night.  never had this problem before.  im taking strong meds to sleep (dont judge i need help) and keep waking up.  the only thing i can think of that will make it better is taking on an empty stomach which i never do. 

will this help.  those that do please give me advice on timing when to take them.  tx, love you guys

Thunderdan,

I went through the exact same thing while taking Ambien once I reached tolerance to the drug. I don't know what drug you are taking, but Ambien has a very short half-life since it is intended to put you asleep and not keep you asleep. That is why users wake up in the morning without a drugged feeling. Lunesta is similar as are shorting acting benzos.

These drugs are only intended for short-term use and tolerance to them can develop quickly if taken for too long of a period. At first they will fail to put you to sleep at your regular dose (increasing the dose just makes the hole that you have fallen into deeper).  Next you can find yourself wide awake after as little as a couple of hours once the level of the drug in your bloodstream decreases. At this point interdose withdrawal symptoms can set in, amping you up and making getting back to sleep impossible. One side effect of these symptoms is a constant need to pee since your nervous system becomes set in a fight or flight mode. I believe the term "scared the piss out of me" at least partially refers to this.

The solution to your problem has nothing to do with the timing of when you take the drug or the fullness of your stomach, but everything to do about getting off the drug. Continued use will only make your current problem worse and add probably add a bunch more. Unfortunately, there seems to be  no way to avoid the insomnia issue while going through the withdrawal process. It is something that you just have to deal with until you are healed. The longer it takes to accept this, in all likelihood, the longer the process will take.

I have been through this and have stayed on this forum for a long time sharing information with people from all over the world so I learned a thing or two about this topic.

yup sleep meds wear off quickly and your body reacts by waking up.

no magic pill out there unfortunately.  no one will judge you but for your own sanity large doses of sleep related meds will never help and only prolongs making things worse as you are currently experiencing.