Help me hold on

[St...]

I'm struggling. I'm starting to look sick. I'm scared cause I'm not sleeping. I don't feel normally sleepy. I didn't sleep at all again last night and am so depressed. 😞

I'm struggling. I'm starting to look sick. I'm scared cause I'm not sleeping. I don't feel normally sleepy. I didn't sleep at all again last night and am so depressed. 😞

[/quote.

I don't know anything about mirt Stacey but what I've read on here.  I know you have to withdraw from it but most act like the withdrawal is nit nearly as bad as the benzo's.  Can you take just enough of it again to get some sleep?

If not, have u ever tried serquel.  Just a low dose of that 25 to 50 mgs is what they gave me to help me sleep because sleeping is the first thing they make sure you do when you have migraines.  High doses are for people with some kind of psychological problem.  But to sleep, it's very low dose.  You may talk to your Dr about it.  Low dose, people get all weird when they read what the higher doses are for and don't want to try it, but I have been using it for 15 years.  Hope u get some sleeo :smitten:

I have some at home. I came to visit my mom and am trying to get some sleep here. I got off the mirt but may take a little to sleep tonight.

I have some at home. I came to visit my mom and am trying to get some sleep here. I got off the mirt but may take a little to sleep tonight.

Hope you do :smitten:

I'm so sorry

It's so hard in the beginning

Please try to rest even if you can't sleep

Hope you start getting a couple hours here and there (or more) very soon

Stacy,

You should consider trying meditation, but it doesn't have to be the whoo whoo type associated with new-agers (although there is nothing wrong with that). Lately, I have been enjoying just lying down on my back with an eye shade on listening to very relaxing music that I get on a free app called Insight Timer. The goal is to replace your internal thoughts with the music as much as possible. At the very least it is relaxing. You can google the topic yourself, but studies have shown that only 30 minutes of meditating can equal the restorative benefits of up to 3 hours of sleep so it is worth a try.

I had a 20 minute session this afternoon and must have went into a light sleep because it came to an end a lot faster than I expected. When I got up I noticed a lot more energy than before I started.

Stacy,

You should consider trying meditation, but it doesn't have to be the whoo whoo type associated with new-agers (although there is nothing wrong with that). Lately, I have been enjoying just lying down on my back with an eye shade on listening to very relaxing music that I get on a free app called Insight Timer. The goal is to replace your internal thoughts with the music as much as possible. At the very least it is relaxing. You can google the topic yourself, but studies have shown that only 30 minutes of meditating can equal the restorative benefits of up to 3 hours of sleep so it is worth a try.

I had a 20 minute session this afternoon and must have went into a light sleep because it came to an end a lot faster than I expected. When I got up I noticed a lot more energy than before I started.

I totally agree with aloha re meditation. I discovered guided sleep and relaxation videos on youtube during my acute phase. It was a breakthrough for me in helping me cope. I'm virtually healed now, but I find they can still help when I get a run of bad nights, or if I get into a stressed state of mind. I particularly liked Michael Sealey's mindfulness one.

I hope things get better for you soon Stacy.

Stacy,

I totally agree with aloha re meditation. I discovered guided sleep and relaxation videos on youtube during my acute phase. It was a breakthrough for me in helping me cope. I'm virtually healed now, but I find they can still help when I get a run of bad nights, or if I get into a stressed state of mind. I particularly liked Michael Sealey's mindfulness one.

I hope things get better for you soon Stacy.

How many hours a night do you think you get? Is it getting better?

Hi Stacy,

I had two months that were really (really) bad, then it started to improve in the up and down way, typical of benzo withdrawal. For me, it never got as bad as those early weeks again. The hardest thing was BELIEVING that it would never get that bad again.

I now get about 7 hours on good nights, but still wake 2-3 times per night. That is partly my age - I'm 60. I still get occasional bad runs if I am stressed, but nothing like the first couple of months. I now expect to get a good recovery sleep if I ever have a bad night. My fear and anxiety over sleep has gone at last.

The other thing that has helped me, once acute was over, has been regular bedtime and wake time, and reading for half an hour before I sleep. After 2 years, I now fall asleep within a few minutes of turning out the light. Waking in the night doesn't bother me, I usually get back to sleep quite quickly.

I'm sure this will happen for you too, it just takes time. While you are in the early stages, just take whatever sleep you can get, whenever you can get it. If you can't sleep just rest instead. I don't remember too much detail of the bad time now, I'm enjoying my life again. Hope this is the same for you very soon.  :)