Anyone else having breathing related symptoms like this?

[Li...]

Since about month 4 of my Klonopin cold turkey, I've been experiencing strange breathing issues. It's like my breathing has become strangely voluntary and I can't seem to stop manually breathing. I'm constantly forced to control it when I'm not distracted. I'm very well aware that my body can breathe for me automatically, but for some reason this constant anxiety is causing me to have to control it when I think about it or when I'm just idle.

Most recently though, it's become more than just noticing/controlling my breathing, each breath feels very labored and uncomfortable. My breathing is just all sorts of screwed up lately and I'm having all sorts of anxiety over it. Does anyone have or has experienced this? I'm losing hope that this is ever going to fade, because I'm still struggling with it at 13 months out.

Hi

Difficulty breathing is very very common in withrawal some people even think they developed asthma during this mess but it eventually gonna go away try to help yourself to breathe normally

I have had this issues for a long time and I am 14 months off of this poison and still have a little bit difficulty breathing but it gets so much better

Well, it's at the very least comforting to hear that it's a common issue. It's really difficult to focus on anything else while going through this. I find myself over-aware of my breathing and I keep feeling this incredible urge to take a deep breath constantly and my breathing is no longer automatic unless I am distracted, as I mentioned previously. It's made this very difficult to distract from, because my breathing is just so strange. It's like my body is confused and thinks I'm not getting enough oxygen, so it's sending me a cue to breathe deeply or "gasp" for air, for no reason at all. It's so incredibly uncomfortable.

This just goes away on it's own?

Well, it's at the very least comforting to hear that it's a common issue. It's really difficult to focus on anything else while going through this. I find myself over-aware of my breathing and I keep feeling this incredible urge to take a deep breath constantly and my breathing is no longer automatic unless I am distracted, as I mentioned previously. It's made this very difficult to distract from, because my breathing is just so strange. It's like my body is confused and thinks I'm not getting enough oxygen, so it's sending me a cue to breathe deeply or "gasp" for air, for no reason at all. It's so incredibly uncomfortable.

This just goes away on it's own?

Yes it does

I have had this issues till 5 months ago

Last year in winter I had to open all windows at night to be able to go to sleep and breath normally at night, when I was in the shower I had to open the door cause with the door close I couldn’t breathe at all I don’t have to do that right now gets so much better it will eventually go away

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I feel much better about it now. I look forward to the day where I can think about breathing without it somehow forcing myself to consciously breathe or become obsessed with it.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I feel much better about it now. I look forward to the day where I can think about breathing without it somehow forcing myself to consciously breathe or become obsessed with it.

Welcome

Hope you feel better soon

I think, we get breathing problems because the chest is so tense. We have been feeling bad for so long, and then the muscles become shorter and hurt.

It will be a bit better, if I lie on my back, and slowly counts the breath. If I lie on the side, I get a problem with breathing.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm at month 14 and I still have this issue but no where near what it used to be.  It has definitely let up a lot since month 12. 

I got this about two months ago or around 13 months off, it is very unnerving and I keep thinking I have copd or some other lung problem.

If I am interested in something I can forget about it but just being on my own or doing nothing is the worst time, it actually is now my worst symptom overtaking tinnitus that I seem to have gotten accustomed to.

2trusting

I am 55 months off and I get this for months at a time I thought at year 2 I was healed, I was so wrong, for me the breathing issues is the WORST symptom for me. I HATE IT.