Malaise.....feeling unwell all the time!!!

[Fi...]

Does anyone experience malaise all the time?  Just feeling like total crap for no reason?  I don’t think it’s the Benzo Flu.  It’s constant levels of just unexplainable feeling of just feeling horrible.  I’ve had bloodwork and exams.  Nothing found.  This feeling will just not go away.  Not that I would wish this on anybody, but knowing someone might have a similar experience would give me some reassurance.

Yes, I relate 100%

it’s like being in a constant state of a hangover and severe panic/anxiety + fatigued,weakness,headaches,heavy body and extreme tensions

Yes!!!!!  Like having the flu,a hangover and food poisoning “feeling” all at the same time.  Goodness!  It’s constantly lingering.  Just feeling horrible inside.  And people say....you look great.  But, I feel like I have some horrible disease.

yes you do feel pretty unwell all the time so don't worry. If nothing shows up in your blood work then ignore it...I mean don't worry over it. I recall thinking how can I still be alive and feel this ill???

And yes I am still here to tell the tale. Gradually this unwell feeling will disappear

shania

Yes!!!!!  Like having the flu,a hangover and food poisoning “feeling” all at the same time.  Goodness!  It’s constantly lingering.  Just feeling horrible inside.  And people say....you look great.  But, I feel like I have some horrible disease.

Exactly, it really feels like having the flu,hangover and that food poisoning feeling constantly,

I feel totally burned out

And I can’t believe how people can say “you look good and healthy “ when feeling almost dead

Ugh

We have to keep in mind that benzo withdrawal is not permanent  :smitten:

Exactly, it really feels like having the flu,hangover and that food poisoning feeling constantly,

And I can’t believe how people can say “you look good and healthy “ when feeling almost dead

Ugh

What do you do for coping?

Ugh

What do you do for coping?

I'm trying to do some light exercise,like walking back and forth in my house lol

Taking hot baths with epsom salts,lying in the bed with heating pad for my muscle tensions,doing some massage myself on jaw and neck

trying to remind myself that it's longlasting but not permanent,

it's really really hard

how long have you been off?

[42...]

Ive taken to punching myself in the face to feel better.

im totally kidding, i prob shouldnt even write that cause some people do that and its not cool.

ill just never ever never ever ever ever get over how freakin horribly crappy this all feels.

i think in the next universe, could the gods wire us so that benzo withdrawal doesnt suck this bad??

could ya just dial down the horror a little bit?? just make it 'sort of awful' instead of 'absolutely torturous nightmarish hell'??

yes? kthnx

Im starting to think I have Lyme.  I’m finding it hard to believe with the severity of what I’m experiencing it could be anything else.

Yes!  Can totally relate, just feel like crap, unwell, and even with my TOTALLY APPRECIATED 3 DAY REPRIEVE, GOD, HONEST, still feel sick, though not on the outside, even though my hair is falling out. 

Your post was very funny Luke, it cheered me up.  :laugh:

I'm glad you started this thread F4M because often I, and others, just describe individual symptoms, not that overall malaise feeling of unwellness like I coming down with something, but never do, just stay stuck in feeling sick. 

Dee

[42...]

no lyme, noooooooooo.

im tellin ya, whatever stupidity and whining i say on this forum, ive felt HORRIBLE, for over two years now, i mean reeeally bad, 24/7 dizzy, vertigo off balance, heart palps, nauseous, tremors, weakness, soul sapping sucking out my life force whenever i try to freakin do anything. insane tension, the PHOBIC horribleness which destroys my life... etc etc etc etc etc

BUT i go to the dr, have extensive blood work, the endocrinologist, xrays, mri's ekg's and theyre like, dude, your pretty freakin healthy.

well, beyond my blood pressure being a bit high and heart rate up sometimes a bit more than id like which could drop me at any moment - but meh never mind that. lol!

but i sincerely feel awful a lot of the time, like i have a number of maladies, but nope.

all my whining inane rambling means is, do NOT resign yourself to some disease or illness. im not saying ignore any symptoms, but dont presume that you just have something "wrong". You dont even want that mindset. some drs will take your lead with that and see some slightly off numbers and say, well, yeah you may be a bit off with blah blah, lets prescribe such and such.

eff that noise. get yourself checked out, stay on top, but stay the course, you want a full you at the end of this, i know it seems impossible.

with all due respect to everyone, fuck off lyme, we dont need ya here :)

Yep back to having this a lot in this latest horrible wave for the past 4-5 weeks. General crappy feeling all the time, when not feeling horrible.

Listen to me, all of you. I went cold turkey off SIX milligrams of Klonapin plus 20 mgs of Ambien PLUS two anti depressants back in July 2012.

But I am alive today and grateful for that. NO ONE should go cold turkey, but it does happen and almost all of us will survive the withdrawal. I know you feel awful. I did too. For over 3 years I clung to life and tried so hard to learn why I felt this way and how to deal with my multiple symptoms. This site helped me SO much!!!!  Knowing as much as you can about WHY you have all these weird and crazy symptoms is extremely important. This site should have some excellent articles about this, or you can Google it. Knowing more is extremely helpful.

Learn as much as you can about how to relieve those various symptoms. DP and DR - those are not easy, but your attitude will help that plus your determination to just bear it out. Learning how to control symptoms is also key.

Reach out here and try to help others...this will help YOU feel better.

Annie

That is how I feel.  Just horrible.

body aches

chills

hot flashes

nausea

tremor

It's really a HEAVY feeling.  I had surgery on my right index finger last week too. 

I need to add to my signature that I take Vyvanse for ADHD 50 MG and 40 MG of Prozac.

I was diagnosed w ADHD as an adult.  I hope to get off the Prozac after this.  Usually, I am active and I hike all the time.  I can't get out of the house. 

The pallor of my skin is off.  Everything is off.

Had to get that off my chest. 

I do drink tea in the morning still and use marijuana daily.

Can't wait to see how bad those are too.  Fuck!  Thanks for listening!!!

xoxo!!!

Horrible malaise. Feels like when I first got ME.

Feel like I have terrible sinusitis and am being suffocated by my own head which feels full of concrete while also expanding inside.

Just really ill.

You are describing symptoms of withdrwal that are quite common. Knowing that does not make it easier to go through. My best advice to you is to distract yourself from all these weird and uncomfortable symptoms. Distraction will really help....that and learning other techniques such as slow deep breathing.

Dont be led into thinking some supplement will help you. Research seems to show they will not help and may even disrupt your brain chemicals even MORE! Eat as healthy as you can, drink enough fluids, and try to force yourself to be as positive and hopefull as possible --- even if you have to fake it.

On month 13 and wake up everyday and feel like I'm hungover and not much energy, still not sleeping more than 4 or 5 hours a day.  I look forward to the day I have energy again and can workout and do the things I used to do. 

Keith, that is a good description. Hang in there, do not give up! it WILL get better if you give it enough time.

• 1 month later...
Yes, I completely relate to feeling unwell all the time. Panicky, tired but too anxious to sleep, out of it, desperate, red eyed, uncomfortable, neverending terror. Been there, done that, still doing it.

Basically every shitty feeling we have is due to benzo withdrawal i guess...Its balls. Ive had a fly bite thats taken two months to heal i started getting paranoid that id some infection or disease from it...I just thing all thats wrong is from benzos...The wierd thing is i havnt had a natural illness in a long time, touch wood. :-\