Taper crossover

[Su...]

I had my genetic profile towards psych meds done. The one med my liver can’t metabolize is Valium.

I am on .5 to 1 mg Ativan. And want to cross over to something else to taper. Perhaps Klonipin or Librium? What would be the suggestion?

I crossed from Xanax to Klonopin before crossing to Valium.  Klonopin has a longer half life than Xanax, so it was a bit better on interdose issues. 

I crossed from Xanax to Klonopin before crossing to Valium.  Klonopin has a longer half life than Xanax, so it was a bit better on interdose issues.

But you still switched to Valium? I can’t do Valium.

Right, but if you can't do Valium, you might be able to do Klonopin.  Klonopin might be easier to taper than Xanax because it has a longer bioavailability. Something to discuss with your Psych.

Right, but if you can't do Valium, you might be able to do Klonopin.  Klonopin might be easier to taper than Xanax because it has a longer bioavailability. Something to discuss with your Psych.

But Ashton says it’s too strong too taper off with. It is twice as strong as Ativan. Her suggestion is Librium if you can’t do Valium. Any one know about Librium?

But Ashton says it’s too strong too taper off with. It is twice as strong as Ativan. Her suggestion is Librium if you can’t do Valium. Any one know about Librium?

Go to search on home page, type in Librium, we did a whole topic on it. :) :) type in my user name Mary5588