Psychosis!!

[ce...]

I feel like i am heading for psychosis due to severe sleep deprivation.  Don't think i can do this anymore.  The longer this goes on the worse my DR and anxiety becomes.  Antihistamines not helping, mirt gave up on me and i wanted off anyway.  Loosing the plot really bad here.

Ceejay,

You certainly got hit with a bad case of withdrawal, but a breakthrough could very easily be just around the corner. I have yet to hear of anyone who did not eventually regain their sleep (at least to some extent). Mine comes and goes, but at least I have the good nights to be thankful for.

I always say to myself that time passes no matter what, even when hung upside down while being poked with a hot iron. Psychosis is the hot iron, but even if it comes, it will also go away. One night at a time until you finally come out on the other end Ceejay.

When I got ME/CFS in 1996 I didn’t sleep for almost 2 years.

I was constantly lucid dreaming. But that is not psychosis.

If you are aware that you are feeling ‘mad’ you are not psychotic.

I'm feeling the same way. I even got 5 hrs last night and feel awful. I've been getting mostly 30 minutes and hrs here and there. This is apparently very normal part of withdrawl. Everyone seems to heal in time but I'm there there with ya. Laying and listening to my fan for hours on end is getting old.

I listen to audiobooks. I can’t follow them so end up listening to the same bits over and over but it is better than the inside of my own head.

yeah if you know how bad you are you are not psychotic.

Ive been so bad and with extremetly weird and anxious thoughts, but I was always aware that was my brain.

practice dont care about it. just accept it.

You are early in withdrawal, things will get better regarding sleep.

However I know how it feels not getting any sleep - its a torture method, so they know why >:(

The best thought a friend once gave me was "if you just lay down and close your eyes your body gets a rest, too. If you dont sleep, relax and nap or pretend to nap". This took the pressure from me.

After getting off meds I was not sleeping at all for months and I couldn't believe it that sleep turned into normal again. My only problem left is that I need a totally noise-free environment to fall asleep but when I have this, I am able to sleep for 9 hours at least every night without interruption.

Its totally normal that you get anxious without sleep but after some hours sleep this gets better quiet quickly.

To listen to audiobooks has helped me a lot. I even "listend" to Netflix series on my phone without watching for hours and hours and hours..

It also decreases the fear of being in bed and trying to sleep. Oh -and I allowed myself to "nap" or lay down no matter which time it was..

I hope it gets better for you, soon...

:hug:

I went into pyschosis after 6 days awake a few weeks ago after CT managed to get my pills and sleep returned then parents left for a weekend away and I just spent 3 days awake because they left me alone...

Same here.  Lately cant sleep this,morning  whole new twist back  on it. After i shut  my eyes i lost touch with reality but was not asleep. Kept sitting up terrified of what was happening.

Tonight im so afraid of that i cant relax.

I am going try listening to a you tube video keep a train of thought in my head . Hopfully ill drift off.

Tbis withdrawl is tearing me down also.  I seem to keep getting hit wjth the mental stuff.

Most afraid of that.. i was on it 20+ years. Had no idea until new doc told me what it was..had me taper.. my life has turned inside out. Upside down since. At times tbe anxiefy  and stress makes me fear for my sanity too. My sarene safe life now has tbis fear of  benzo brain  Uncertainty on it.it was a shock to find out about what a,benzodiazepine could do. Years ago i didnt have a,computer. So just tbe doc abd pharacist wbo neved warned me.. never..not ever.

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, a psychotic person would be deluded into thinking he is sane. What seems more likely is that you are experiencing DP/DR. I had a spell of insomnia and by the 7th day I was not just in DP/DR but also severely confused.