Pre-taper questions. Crossover? Updose?

[Fr...]

I'm currently on 1.5mg Clonazepam am/noon/bed .5mg split, but for the past week I have had fairly extreme anxiety in the morning, before my dose as well as vivid, bad dreams. It seems like I am out of nowhere getting interdose withdrawal. I have been prescribed a script for 2.0mg/day but I haven't increased my dose yet (mostly for fear of having to taper longer). . . I am wondering if a crossover to Valium would help with this due to it's longer halflife or if I just need more benzo in general?

I really want to start from a place of stability. I don't have a start date yet, but I HOPE to be able to taper off of my SSRI (hopefully rather quickly) before I deal with the benzos. As it pooped out a while back and only makes me jittery when taking it.

As I understand 1.5mg = 30mg of Valium. Is there any reason why it would take longer to taper off of 30mg valium than 1.5mg Clonazepam? Which is easier to manage with a daily microtaper?

Thank you !

Edit: I read somewhere it's 1ml vodka etc per mg of benzo. So does that mean each 10mg valium pill would be 10ml vodka? Is Propylene Glycol as cost effective/safe as vodka? I'd really rather avoid using alcohol.