Help in pushing through for another three months

[ra...]

I am currently experiencing quite severe insomnia at 1mg and have had several 0 nights. I have another three months to go before my retirement and am scared of finishing my taper before that and facing  withdrawal sxs. Should I hold at this dose for a month and then taper slowly down to 0 till it is time for me to retire from work. Insomnia has been my only major issue during the taper. The days I sleep well I feel fine. But of late it is becoming a major issue and my work is suffering. I am scared I wil not be able to hold on. Is there any need of updosing to say 3mg?  and then staert tapering again. I was getting ok sleep at that dose

Thanks

Ramachuchu,

As close as you are to retirement I'd be inclined to hold if it's at all possible. If you decide to updose, I'd go up as little as possible so you don't have to face the whole kindling and a more prolonged wd on the other end. I certainly wouldn't go up more than 0.5 if it were me, but you know your situation better than anyone.

MT

Thank you so much for the advice. Is it ok if I hold the 1mg for a month and then reduce to 0.5mg and hold for another month and then again taper from0.5mg to 0 over the final couple of months. Will really welcome advice on this

Thanks

That sure sounds like a good plan to me. If you have the option you could go even more slowly-decreasing by 0.25 mg at a time. There's no need to rush this.

Hey Ram,

There are no problems with holding as you propose...

Many people do long holds of many months, some even years...

I tend to cut 0.25V about every 3mths... I aim for a month of baseline SX before the next cut...

-You may not need this long..??

My humble suggestion would be, -go low and slow for the last bit... -as opposed to rushing to get med free...

But sounds like you are on the right track...

I wish you the best, both with your taper and retirement...!!

:)