Maintaining anonymity and safety whilst going through this sad sorry mess.

[Go...]

Well done BenzoBuddies... still keeping everyone safe here during the most horrific time that they will ever experience in their entire lives.

It’s great that the site here still allows members to have good old-fashioned user-names to ‘identify’ its subscribing members.

Ironically, for ‘safety’, other internet sites who discourage such, and require people’s actual birthnames to be used when participating, can put unsuspecting people who are very unwell at risk of potential abuse.

Support your Administration Team here, most general members have no idea how hard they work ‘behind the scenes’ to keep you safe... and for no financial gain either, they selflessly donate their own precious time... to you.

I’ve been around “Benzo-Ville” for over eight years now... I’ve seen it all, trust me on that... unfortunately though, on other major sites, I was not allowed to further keep my anonymity... so a few months ago now, I reluctantly had to leave the benzo community over there behind.

Remember, not everyone in “Benzo-Ville” is a nice person either, the Admin Team here also protect you from that tiny trouble-making minority as well... and silently... for free.

Without BenzoBuddies’ meticulous approach to its membership and site safety, chances are during my previous struggles, I would have had nowhere else to go... and I’ll be forever grateful for that... :)

So yeah, well done BenzoBuddies for still keeping everyone in the community safe... woot-woot!!!... 🎉🎉🎉

That was a great post and reminds us all what BB does for us.  Thank you and thank BB!!!

Indeed... 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

You are very welcome!!!

One thing I do remember is the hesitancy I had about joining an internet forum. Firstly, I had never participated in one before and had no desire to become a part of the social media world. I read a lot on both of the benzo withdrawal forums that were up and running at the time. I was very impressed with how Colin et al had set up the forum to protect the identity of the members and this gave me the confidence to join.

It was the best thing I had done for myself, that is, except for getting off benzos.  BB was my lifeline, my oasis and a fountain of knowledge for me.  Reading information here motivated me to read more and more about these types of drugs to better understand what I was going through. The support and kindness of my fellow buddies was invaluable, so many wonderful people willing to offer a virtual hug or some words of hope even while going through a challenging withdrawal themselves.

We'll continue this mission until it is no longer needed.

pianogirl  :smitten:

Support your Administration Team here, most general members have no idea how hard they work ‘behind the scenes’ to keep you safe... and for no financial gain either, they selflessly donate their own precious time... to you.

Thank you, team, for keeping this forum working so well for so many!

Gard :smitten:

Thank you, team, for keeping this forum working so well for so many!

Gard :smitten:

I second that, so glad to know that someone is just a click away. 💖 Peace. :smitten:

Years ago, I saw a post here about how to use the services of compounding pharmacy to directly taper off Lorazepam.  That was the key to unlocking the 17-year addiction cage I was trapped in.  And for that I am eternally grateful.