Add what you remove?

[su...]

I just started my liquid titration of .5 mg Ativan. My question is if I remove say 5ml of the Ativan liquid do I add 5 ml of plain water to it befor dividing my doses? That way I’m always taking the same amount of liquid but with less Ativan. If I don’t replace the amount removed then eventually there won’t be any liquid left.

Also does it have to be refrigerated?

I’m doing 240ml in 4 doses.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for replying. First I dissolve.5mg Ativan in 1 ml vodka then I add water to make a total of 240 ml liquid. Then I remove 2 ml of the Ativan liquid. After mixing I divide into 4 equal portions.

Right now it’s not a big deal but when I get to where I’m removing a lot more there won’t be much liquid to drink and will be harder to divide.

Also do I need to refrigerate?

Thanks again

Thanks for replying. First I dissolve.5mg Ativan in 1 ml vodka then I add water to make a total of 240 ml liquid. Then I remove 2 ml of the Ativan liquid. After mixing I divide into 4 equal portions.

Right now it’s not a big deal but when I get to where I’m removing a lot more there won’t be much liquid to drink and will be harder to divide.

Also do I need to refrigerate?

Thanks again

1)  No, your solution does NOT need to be refrigerated

2)  If you want to follow that protocol, then no, do NOT "add back" any liquid.  Your starting with a known ratio (mgs per ml) so the keep your taper rate steady, you need to keep the same ratio.

3) But the whole idea of "pull and discard and drink the rest" is kinda silly.  You wouldn't take any other meds that way.

If you want to want to continue with the .5mg/240ml ratio, do this:

Mix 5mg Ativan with 10ml vodka and add 2400ml water.  That will be about a 10 day supply.

Then instead of pulling out 2ml and discarding it...

day 1 drink 240ml

day 2 drink 238

day3 drink 236ml

day4 drink 234ml

etc...

And just fyi, you really don't need that much liquid.  5mg per 500ml is dilute enough (but that would change that schedule)

Wow that’s a lot of info thanks.

This is turning into a full time job lol.

It’s so sad that so many people are going through this.

I wish I would have known better.

My family keeps telling me to just quit because it’s such a small amount. They just don’t understand.

I really appreciate the support of benzobuddies.

Thanks again.

Wow that’s a lot of info thanks.

This is turning into a full time job lol.

It’s so sad that so many people are going through this.

I wish I would have known better.

My family keeps telling me to just quit because it’s such a small amount. They just don’t understand.

I really appreciate the support of benzobuddies.

Thanks again.

I know this can all get confusing, and I don't want you to feel overwhelmed, but if you will follow a procedure similar to what i suggested, you will find it very easy and very convenient.  You spend about 10 minutes every 10-14 days mixing your liquid, then each day you just take your doses, like you would any other liquid med.