Klonopin Titration Taper Plan - What do I need to set up? What IS Titration??

[bp...]

Start date:  Monday, May 31st (if possible)

Dose: .75mg (1 and 1/2 tablets)

Tablet dose: .5mg each tablet

Number of tablets: 1 full (.5mg) tablet at night and 1 half (.25mg) tablet in the morning (total = 1 1/2 tablets/day)

Taper rate: 1% per day...  (im not sure what is best so i went with your recommendation)

Cylinder details: Where do I buy this cylinder?  What other supplies do I need?  How do I do it?  *This is where I am stumped.  :-/

Thanks for the help1

bp here is your plan.

the grad cylinder is available on line , just google it up,  ( here is one site,http://www.thefind.com/sports/info-100ml-graduated-cylinder)

you can get a 10ml. syringe free from most drug stores.

and you can use 2 spoons to crush the pills ,  ( or purchase a mortar and pestle)

ok  once you have your gear.

crush up the .75 mg. of clono in either the pestle or between the spoons.  Crush to fine powder.  this does not dissolve in any medium you use , (water or whole milk),so crushing to fine powder is important.

measure out 100 ml of water or milk and pour into cup.  Add the crushed pill to cup and mix well. ( I do this cause its easier to mix in cup than cylinder)

Day one  use your 10ml syringe to remove 1 ml of the mixture,  throw that away.  If you want to continue to take 1/3 of the  remaining mixture in the morning and 2/3 in the evening , pour the remaining 99 ml back into grad cylinder and  then measure out 1/3  and put into storage container , and then the remaining 2/3 in another container .  take at your normal times.

You continue to mix the .75 mg of clono each day in 100ml of solution and each day remove an additional 1 ml of mixture and split up the rest.

AFter 100 days you will be done.

Of course if you feel this is a little too slow, you could try 2 ml. each day or every other day, and you would be done quicker. 

It all depends on the symptoms severity you may get and your tolerance to handle them.

example

Day one mix up .75mg.c in 100ml. of liquid, remove 1m.  split remaining  into 33 ml. in one container , 66 ml. in night container.

day two mix up .75mg.c in 100 ml of liquid remove 2 ml.  split remaining into 33 ml. in one container 65 ml. in night container.

day three mix up .75 mg c in 100ml liquid , remove 3 ml. split remainig into 32 ml in one container 65 ml in night container

etc etc.

If this is confusing .. let me know and will explain further

st.

Thank you ST!  I am looking forward to this process.  Sure, it might be difficult but it sounds a lot more promising than direct taper via pill splitting.

I'll update as I progress through this taper plan.

Thanks again!