When is it just depression?

[Ca...]

Another wave's come over into an extraordinarily dark place. Doesn't take much to bring it on - just off the charts extreme. I feel so lousy - not just of it, in and of itself, but that, at 22 mo. now, I really have no idea as to where's it's coming from. It's so discouraging to think I'd be starting where I 'left off' before the Benzo thing. I can't tell the difference - though I suppose I should suspect still the withdrawals. My Psych thinks it must be something other than the Benzos, being so far along at this point.

Catt, I have the same question. I am only four months out. I've was put on an AD when I first stopped the Ativan not knowing about withdrawal. Nobody believes the anxiety and depression I am experiencing is from the Ativan use. But I wasn't depressed before that! I've never felt like this til after using Ativan and now the AD. I am hoping to wean off the AD very soon here, but as scared as I was to go on it, now I am just as scared to stop it, worried that I will go back to how I felt in acute or something.

I hope you begin to feel better soon.

Catt, I have the same question. I am only four months out. I've was put on an AD when I first stopped the Ativan not knowing about withdrawal. Nobody believes the anxiety and depression I am experiencing is from the Ativan use. But I wasn't depressed before that! I've never felt like this til after using Ativan and now the AD. I am hoping to wean off the AD very soon here, but as scared as I was to go on it, now I am just as scared to stop it, worried that I will go back to how I felt in acute or something.

I hope you begin to feel better soon.

Yes, it's hard to tell if AD help in this situation or not. I've been on Effexor for quite a long time and don't dare try to stop that whilst still under the Benzo spell. Same with Gabapentin. I'm pretty much stuck on those for the time being. What AD are you taking? Would be interesting to know if things improve or not if you stop. It's so frustrating when nobody believes you about the basis of your symptoms or that they even exist at all! UGH! But yes, I hope we both begin to see a lifting of the darkness - soon, as in yesterday!!

Currently in 25mg of Pristiq. Down from 50. I hope to stabilize on the 25 and then taper off slowly using a compound pharmacy.