Are there any inpatient places to get help?

[Sm...]

Hi everyone I have a question. I’ve now been off benzos for 2 years and I am still suffering tremendously. I still spend most days too weak to get out of bed. I’m isolated from the world and that’s just contributing to my hopessness and pain. I was wondering does anybody know of an inpatient place that has an expertise with Benzo Withdrawal. I’m in such pain and feeling so hopeless I’m thinking maybe being with others who have and are going through this experience might help from the emotional part of this. My only concern of course is going somewhere where they have very little knowledge of this illness which unfortunately seems like most “experts” out there. I’m just so desperate right now for help with people who know and the isolation this illness has caused me is really painful. Would like to be around people who understand and can help. Anyways if anyone knows of a place like that I would really appreciate it. Thanks! 🙂

I'm sorry.  I feel the same.  If I knew anywhere to go I would be there I think!

You are on nothing and not gotten better off the drugs? 

It is all so unbelievable what they do.

Hi. Yeah I’ve been off for 26 months now. In a particularly tough wave now but I’ve had some moments when I’ve been able to do some small chores and go for walks. There’s a tiny bit of improvement but on the whole I’m still really sick. How about you? Yeah a place like that would be so helpful. I just wish it existed because I could really use the support right now 😕....best of luck to you I know this isn’t easy.

Hi. Yeah I’ve been off for 26 months now. In a particularly tough wave now but I’ve had some moments when I’ve been able to do some small chores and go for walks. There’s a tiny bit of improvement but on the whole I’m still really sick. How about you? Yeah a place like that would be so helpful. I just wish it existed because I could really use the support right now 😕....best of luck to you I know this isn’t easy.

Hi Smiths.... I. Really sorry you are suffering so much. Do you know about Baylissa fredericks? She is such a wonderful support , having been through a difficult protracted withdrawal her self .

She is fully healed now and offers her services to others to help them through . You can go to her website. Baylissa.com .

To subscribe is $30 month , and with that she gives weekly webinars on different aspects of withdrawal , plus a weekly q and a .

I always listen . She also has a support forum on her website which very intimate . You can book consultations with her also , on the phone

And sends daily emails of encouragement .

I always feel so much better after listening to her , just knowing that one day this will end.

It will fro you too.

Im pretty sure she would say to you - hold on , you WILL recover ,and  it could happen any day . I think she has seen it all in the 11 years she's been serving people , and she always says , everyone heals , whatever your circumstance .

So , hold on , I know it's awful . Get through your day as best you can , be safe , and your time is coming .

Love, miyu

Hi MiYu. Thanks for that recommendation! I’m going to absolutely look into that. $30 a month is a little steep but I’ll still have to consider it since I’m dealing with my life here. Thanks again and all the best to you!

Miyu,

If you book a consultation to speak with her, what does that run?  I'm sure she has heard it all if she has counseled for 11 years on just this subject.

I gather there is no new research since Heather Ashton?  That is such a shame.

Hi, Smiths.  I am still tapering.  Feeling awful.  And now it seems to be after dosing I am more vibratey than ever... but maybe that is coincidence.  But boy I cannot take any pressure at all and today was kind of nasty to someone who did not deserve it.  Just feel so out of control of things feel like I'm eroding.  I seriously don't know how they came up with a drug that can even do this.  Or else we are really rare, genetically, I guess.

Hope you feel better!

Hey Barbara. Oh yeah I know irritability can be a problem. I was never like that before this but I guess just the extreme discomfort and fear and just feeling horrible can shorten anyone’s fuse. This illness has a million other symptoms too which can and does just drive you up a wall so I understand. We are definitely not ourselves. Yeahs it’s unbelievable these meds are still being handed out like candy. I would imagine down the road there will be much tougher regulations on benzos. Unfortunately too late for us although I guess on the bright side we are supposed to heal. Just wish it wouldn’t take so long this is so tough. Epitomizes the word grind. Best of luck in your recovery! 🙂