Are you working?

[Al...]

Hi Guys,

Who is able to work?

I am 13 days off benzos 

I haven't been able to work.

I was hoping you guys may be able to let me know what you are doing.

I hope to be able to drive soon... this is getting old. ( haven't worked since May 8th)

anyone working from home?

thx guys

Hi Almosthappy,

I work from home and worked the whole time through rapid taper and the beginning acute phase.  It was really tough but I think alot of it is in your mind.  I would say the first two weeks after the jump were the worst.

Working from home is a blessing and a curse, I think you cure faster if you interact with people on a daily basis and working from home you don't have that.  But it is a blessing too because you don't need to worry about the anxiety of the commute and the vast outside.  The longer I am in withdrawl the more I wish I worked in an office.

I'm not able to drive on the highways yet, I can drive pretty much all around the place but not the highway.

Good luck with going back to work, you will see that it will all be ok.

Cheers

Me

I haven't worked since late 2016. That wasn't due to benzos but my Dad passing away. It hit me hard and was unexpected. I had a stressful job as a support worker and went sick for some months before resigning last summer ...

Thank You thisistMe,

Your words are encouraging

What do you do for work?

I make tutus, mermaid pillows,and flip furniture into children's furniture... I resell my stuff at a small store at the local flea market. About a half an hr away

any suggestions? on how I can work from home?

thx again

AlmostHappy

I'm still working but I'm fortunate to have good hours 5am-9am mon-wed-fri, and a spouse who works fulltime making twice what I do, we still struggle but I'm making at least a little money and I stay home with our two dogs and try to maintain the house as much as possible...usually only possible during windows, but that's ok! I can't sleep at night so this schedule is good for me because sleeping during the day comes much easier. I feel safer or something? Like the world is awake, so I can rest. I dunno, everything is so weird. I worry about not being able to continue my minuscule work load but I just keep showing up and luckily in my case, I'm pretty good at forming supportive relationships for whatever reason? lol and I really like seeing my work mates. The close ones, I have told my struggle to and they are always discretely supportive while we work together and are uplifting. I know not everyone can do this but I work hard to cultivate the biggest support system I can and having it extend to work is probably more vital to me than I know.

Wish all the luck and don't beat yourself up or feel inadequate for not being to do as much as some. Everyone is different and it's all about healing. I'd rather live on street and be healing than be sick trying to achieve something unreasonable.

💜💙❤️

I want to work again. Im 3 months off. I agree with almost happy although i dont work at the monent but im at home all dat with 3 boys. No other interaction besides my babies. I think if i was working my anxiety and the weird fear of being in public would have been better. But i am putting in applications to try and start back working....something light and possibly part time.

• 3 weeks later...
I’m a college professor. I went on disability during the past academic year to deal with the taper and acute phase,  but I’ll be returning in late August full time. I’m better but far from fully recovered but I’m hoping that working will distract me from the discomfort. I’m fortunate in that teaching is not the most strenuous job one can have, but I do have a long commute.

I teach GED classes at an inner city nonprofit agency. My NP wanted me to drop to part-time, but I have to pay the bills so instead I have a letter in my file essentially putting me on "light duty" - I limit my work to regular office hours and don't drive to events outside of our building. I take a sick day or half day here and there, enough to help right after each cut but not enough to deplete my yearly allotment of PTO. It's enough for me, very taxing and I don't get much done beyond duties in the basic job description, but it's enough to keep me employed. I tell myself I'll step it up when I'm feeling better. The letter itself was very vague and respectful of my privacy, it simply says that I am under medical care and need the accommodations. I'm fortunate to have that arrangement, I know. As hard as it is to work right now, I do think it's helping me in the long run because I'm still up and doing things even if I'm not doing them very hard or very well. I don't know if something like that might be an option for you.

Good luck,

Gwinna

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My heart is beating. I am breathing. Breakfast sits warm in my belly I am digesting. I've read the posts, my cognition is somewhat activated. I am responding, my brain is telling my hands to type.

All life is work.  :)

It is good to be alive. It is good to be working!

Peace,

Eutychus

Good Morning Everyone,

I so glad I found this topic.  I am new here.  Not even sure I did the signature correctly...but I'm sure you get the idea.  I am a High School inner city teacher.  Presently retired.    I work part time.  Substituting.  It's very demanding also I have to be alert.  I started this taper about the end of May.  I do need the money as it supplements my retirement.  I also love my job :smitten:  I like the kids and they like me.  It's part of who I am and gives me a reason to wake up in the morning.  I felt so sick at the start of all this.  Had all of your symptoms.  Including but limited to insomnia.  I am off work the summer's so I'm good with that.  But school starts soon.  I just did another cut.  I cut by 1mg.  I understand I am going to fast.  Not working with an medical doctor.  Limited supply of pills.  I "think" I am doing ok.  At the beach I think is helping.  The sun is shining and the sea breeze feels good.  My goal is to be at .05mg by the start of school.  The good thing is I am not under pressure to work.  I can make my own hours and pick my own school that means a lot.  I do know at the beginning of all this I would not have been able to work.  It's not quite as bad now.  I just really want to feel myself again :smitten: :smitten: :angel: :angel:

Good Morning Everyone,

I so glad I found this topic.  I am new here.  Not even sure I did the signature correctly...but I'm sure you get the idea.  I am a High School inner city teacher.  Presently retired.    I work part time.  Substituting.  It's very demanding also I have to be alert.  I started this taper about the end of May.  I do need the money as it supplements my retirement.  I also love my job :smitten:  I like the kids and they like me.  It's part of who I am and gives me a reason to wake up in the morning.  I felt so sick at the start of all this.  Had all of your symptoms.  Including but limited to insomnia.  I am off work the summer's so I'm good with that.  But school starts soon.  I just did another cut.  I cut by 1mg.  I understand I am going to fast.  Not working with an medical doctor.  Limited supply of pills.  I "think" I am doing ok.  At the beach I think is helping.  The sun is shining and the sea breeze feels good.  My goal is to be at .05mg by the start of school.  The good thing is I am not under pressure to work.  I can make my own hours and pick my own school that means a lot.  I do know at the beginning of all this I would not have been able to work.  It's not quite as bad now.  I just really want to feel myself again :smitten: :smitten: :angel: :angel:

Hi Lilly21,

Fellow inner city school teacher here - congratulations on your progress! It sounds like you are hanging in there okay. I am close to the end of my taper and feeling very much "myself" again, more in some ways. You will get through this!

Gwinna

• 2 weeks later...

I want to work again, I just want to be prudent about the decision I make in returning. I bought a couple of things for the work I used to do and I’d like to do that while I go to school for another profession.