What do you eat for dinner...recepies, ideas

[za...]

I am having a hard time to come up with ideas for dinner due to the lack of appetite. Please share what you like to eat for dinner.

Hugs,

Mary

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/mediterranean-diet-meal-plan

I think Mediterranean diet is best zack, even when not in withdrawal.

Because of lack of appetite I can't eat a proper meal so just eat one little component at a time.  I put nuts on the coffee table, a small bowl of cheese, some olives, a tiny salad, a few of those tiny tomatoes, etc. 

I break the food up throughout the day with only small portions, somewhat like snacking.  I also drink Sustagen, an protein drink. 

All of this is my ideal way of doing it and I don't always succeed, but at it works when I try.  Budget is also an issue. 

A small piece of salmon is easy to cook, and I have it on its own, and it's very digestible. 

Look at the recommended foods in the link.  Tiny bits zack.

Dee

We are having tacos tonight because we had them last night and they were really good, plus they are easy to make.

I eat close to a Mediterranean diet

if I need a treat I will have a little manuka honey, meridian nut butter spoonful and a piece of dark chocolate-80 percent..it satisfies my sweet tooth

shania

I had bean tostadas today.  I mashed up a can of beans and added seasoning.  Put beans and cheese on the tortillas and toasted them. 

Deadwoodgone....

Hi.. i am tapering and losing so much weight its,frightening.. i real that you use sustageon.. where do you get it. Does it help?

Its time for me to do something different. Add something.. Food is just not working. I eat ok. But im still loosing ..

Has this drink helped you keep weight on?

Thanks for info...👉

Because I literally can’t stop eating biscuits I am again having roast veg tonight. This time with lemon chicken.

Veg tonight:  butternut squash, pepper, red onion, courgette, tomatoes, fresh oregano, garlic, chilli, ginger. All cut up and tossed with coconut oil.

Chicken breasts just have some fresh lemon cut up small including skin sprinkled on them and black pepper and olive oil.

Shove it all in the oven for 45 minutes and go and lie down again until it is ready.

:laugh:

Because I literally can’t stop eating biscuits I am again having roast veg tonight. This time with lemon chicken.

Veg tonight:  butternut squash, pepper, red onion, courgette, tomatoes, fresh oregano, garlic, chilli, ginger. All cut up and tossed with coconut oil.

Chicken breasts just have some fresh lemon cut up small including skin sprinkled on them and black pepper and olive oil.

Shove it all in the oven for 45 minutes and go and lie down again until it is ready.

What would be people dream food if they didnt have to suffer withdrawl issues because of it?

Mine is chicken schnitzel parmigiana.......awwwwww Id kill to have this with some beers at the pub. I miss this so effing much.

I get this sometimes very badly..sugar or carb cravings. So what I do is... I ensure there are non in the house because I don't think its particularly good for us

shania

I agree. The panic is so bad when it happens I pay for a taxi to take me up the road to the shop....

Today I have managed not to so far. Yey!

I am having a hard time to come up with ideas for dinner due to the lack of appetite. Please share what you like to eat for dinner.

If the lack of appetite is an issue, I would eat whatever you find pleasurable, but something that's still nutritious.  I don't eat out, I cook pretty much every day.  My dinner favorites are salmon/sweet potato/asparagus;  lentils/brown rice/roasted beets;  and, chicken breast/steamed broccoli/whole grain pasta.  I use generous amounts of olive oil and coconut oil when preparing dishes.  For snacks, I love avocados, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, olives, almond butter, and hummus.  Lots of veggies and fresh fruits as well, that goes without question.  Hopefully you can find something you enjoy.     

When I was craving sugar I found eating dates was helpful because it tasted very sweet to me. I got a few different dried fruits mixes and I felt better eating fruit instead of just sugary junk.