Benzo Free

[Se...]

Finished my taper last Saturday. June 9 th. About 1-1/2 years. I remember when I started I thought, I’ll be real conservative and taper over 3 months.  :idiot:  It became very apparent that was never going to happen. I ended up holding all through last summer to let my brain catch up to my taper and just to have some time where I felt decent. I had no choice but to go slow so I could continue to be relatively functional for work. Even then there were a couple of points where I wasn’t sure I could keeep working.

We’ll see how things go from here. I’ll give updates now and again. I am hoping that because I did a super slow taper, that I will have minimal trouble going forward, but who knows.

Hardest thing I have ever done in my life.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Se...]

• [be...]

• [ci...]

• [Ca...]

Congrats My Friend, being able to walk off, is a big feat, and you will pave the way for others. I really believe those that have to work through tapering, are our unsung hero's, so my hat is off to you. I am so very happy for you, I know you had some rough times, but you kept going and holding when necessary. May the road ahead be smooth and I know that you have been through the War and now it is time to start really enjoying your Life without a benzo. 💖 Peace and Healing Hugs. :smitten:

Congrats My Friend, being able to walk off, is a big feat, and you will pave the way for others. I really believe those that have to work through tapering, are our unsung hero's, so my hat is off to you. I am so very happy for you, I know you had some rough times, but you kept going and holding when necessary. May the road ahead be smooth and I know that you have been through the War and now it is time to start really enjoying your Life without a benzo. 💖 Peace and Healing Hugs. :smitten:

Thanks Begood. You always know exactly what to say to lift our spirits and give us confidence.  You are amazing.  :)  You are pretty close yourself. Take Care and Best Wishes always.

Congrats, you're gonna do great ! Walking off sounds so much better than jumping or running off ! You got this ! Take good care and everything will be okay !

Hugs

x Shake x

Finished my taper last Saturday. June 9 th. About 1-1/2 years. I remember when I started I thought, I’ll be real conservative and taper over 3 months.  :idiot:  It became very apparent that was never going to happen. I ended up holding all through last summer to let my brain catch up to my taper and just to have some time where I felt decent. I had no choice but to go slow so I could continue to be relatively functional for work. Even then there were a couple of points where I wasn’t sure I could keeep working.

We’ll see how things go from here. I’ll give updates now and again. I am hoping that because I did a super slow taper, that I will have minimal trouble going forward, but who knows.

Well Done..!!

I hope your life just keeps getting better and better...!!

Congratulations Serenitee so proud of you.What an accomplishment.Now for the first part of your journey.l wish nothing but success.

Love and hugs Stut X

Very happy for you! Remember those words, " hardest thing I have ever done in my life." Remember them when you go through challenges of being completely off benzos, and let them carry you all the way to the finish line. This is a finish line, of sorts, but complete healing is the ultimate goal, of course. I have every confidence that you will get there. While you have been on the benzos, life has been storing away nuts like a squirrel. Go find them and indulge! Thanks for being an inspiration in many ways.

Congratulations Serenitee!! You are an excellent example for me: your persistence and willingness made it possible!

I know that some months ahead I will be where your are now...

Keep safe.

The best of wishes to you - we all know what a long hard road it is and what it takes to travel down it. And thanks for being present here for the rest of us hoping that we'll have the stamina to get there with you someday.

We’ll see how things go from here. I’ll give updates now and again. I am hoping that because I did a super slow taper, that I will have minimal trouble going forward, but who knows

Big Congrats Serenitee!

We all want to hurry to get there but will take your example of Slow!

Thanks for the Sammy and others posts.

Good Luck!

Congratulations to you Serenitee!!  I am so happy for you.  I have no doubt that you will continue to do very well.  You did it the right way—slow.  You are an inspiration to all of us.  Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us.

I wish you nothing but the best.

Love,

Anne

Happy for you, Serenitee :thumbsup: BZD are poison. I hope your life will be much better without them. And that you’ll manage to keep what you have accomplished. Yes, it’s definitely one of the hardest things to do in life. To free oneself from BZD.

Serenitee!

you are such an example of how things can go.... Slowly, wisely while continuing to live your life.

I wish you all the best friend!  And I will think of you and your path when I am tempted to speed up.

These things that are so hard to go temper us I think in a way that we come out the other side for the better.

Such warm wishes as you head into your summer -- benzo free from a walk off!

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

Thanks everyone. I wish you each all the best going forward. While I am done with Xanax , I still would like to taper the lexapro I am on. So I am still a work in progress. I will be giving myself a couple of months to settle into my benzo free state, then start what will probably be an equally long taper off of lexapro. Hopefully it will not be as difficult as tapering off of Xanax.

I am feeling better this week than the last three weeks. No morning anxiety. I would say I am about 90%. Certainly I am able to live an unrestricted life.

Take care everyone.

Persistence........  Determination.......  and time will heal you.

Thanks everyone. I wish you each all the best going forward. While I am done with Xanax , I still would like to taper the lexapro I am on. So I am still a work in progress. I will be giving myself a couple of months to settle into my benzo free state, then start what will probably be an equally long taper off of lexapro. Hopefully it will not be as difficult as tapering off of Xanax.

I am feeling better this week than the last three weeks. No morning anxiety. I would say I am about 90%. Certainly I am able to live an unrestricted life.

Take care everyone.

Persistence........  Determination.......  and time will heal you.

So glad to hear that things are going well for you, 90% is really good. I agree with you waiting and enjoying your benzo free state, the other mediation will wait, it is really all checks and balances, and what we want the end to be, so far your walk off has been a good thing. Thanks for the Drive Thru and your ongoing support. Today I am on 0.38mg of Valium, end of 10 day taper will be at 0.35mg, slow is the only way I will get off, and will be tapering to fumes. Have a good day. Stay Strong and Stand Tall. 💖 Peace and Healing Hugs. :smitten:

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I would post an update. I am five weeks from my"benzo free" date. The first week off I felt kinda crappy. After that I felt really good. Pretty close to normal.  This past week I have been a little wonky. Have had some of the morning anxiety come back and the burning neck arm thing too. Hopefully it is a temporary thing.

Wishing you all the Best for a speedy recovery.

Persistence, determination and time will heal you. Take Care.

Thought I would post an update. I am five weeks from my"benzo free" date. The first week off I felt kinda crappy. After that I felt really good. Pretty close to normal.  This past week I have been a little wonky. Have had some of the morning anxiety come back and the burning neck arm thing too. Hopefully it is a temporary thing.

Hang in there, this may just be normal and will level out, keep up your good attitude and things will be OK. Lynn messaged me this am, it has been a Year now off, since she walked off. She said she still has a bit of the Tinnitus, but doing OK otherwise. Stay Strong and Stand Tall for what you have done. 💖 Peace and Healing Hugs My Friend. :smitten:

Hang in there, this may just be normal and will level out, keep up your good attitude and things will be OK. Lynn messaged me this am, it has been a Year now off, since she walked off. She said she still has a bit of the Tinnitus, but doing OK otherwise. Stay Strong and Stand Tall for what you have done. 💖 Peace and Healing Hugs My Friend. :smitten:

Thank you so much for your comforting words.  Was hoping I was done, but guess I still have some healing left. It is funny how confident one can feel when you are in a good window and then suddenly turn in to a tentative, unsure, person who has doubts about them ever getting better. I think you would say it is the "beast" talking. I'm sure things will turn around. 

Thanks again, Begood. :smitten:

Congratulations Serenitee! Am very happy you are free from these poison meds.

Thank you for keeping us posted of your progress!

Sending you my love, hugs, prayers and best wishes for more healing and speedy recovery!

Blessings!

Pi

Sending you my love, hugs, prayers and best wishes for more healing and speedy recovery!

Blessings!

Pi

Thanks, that is very kind of you. Wish you all the best going forward also. One day at a time is all we can do. When I am having a hard time with this, it brings to mind Colin's avatar of some bloke putting one step in front the other and just keepin on keepin on.  :)

Thank you so much for your comforting words.  Was hoping I was done, but guess I still have some healing left. It is funny how confident one can feel when you are in a good window and then suddenly turn in to a tentative, unsure, person who has doubts about them ever getting better. I think you would say it is the "beast" talking. I'm sure things will turn around. 

Thanks again, Begood. :smitten:

Hi S,

This is so very true... But you will get there, -your good attitude will see you through...

I guess one of the hardest things is not knowing, but have faith, -You will win...!!

:)

Blessings!

Pi

Thanks, that is very kind of you. Wish you all the best going forward also. One day at a time is all we can do. When I am having a hard time with this, it brings to mind Colin's avatar of some bloke putting one step in front the other and just keepin on keepin on.  :)

Hi S  :hug: Hope the below info helps you :)

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Why Symptoms Return - How Healing Progresses

http://theemergencesite.com/Images/HealingSpirals.jpg

http://theemergencesite.com/Tech/TechIssues-Healing-Spirals.htm