How does this LT protocol sound?

[...]

I'm on 1.5 mg Xanax at bedtime and want to make a 10% cut.

1.5 mg to 147 ml water and 3 ml vodka solvent, only for 10% cut, I use 137 ml water and 3% vodka and take that amount and hold for 2 weeks. Then in 2 weeks, down to 127 ml and then in another 2 weeks, 117 ml and so on barring any complications.

Feedback please

I'm on 1.5 mg Xanax at bedtime and want to make a 10% cut.

1.5 mg to 147 ml water and 3 ml vodka solvent, only for 10% cut, I use 137 ml water and 3% vodka and take that amount and hold for 2 weeks. Then in 2 weeks, down to 127 ml and then in another 2 weeks, 117 ml and so on barring any complications.

Feedback please

Maybe I don't understand your procedure, but it sounds like you are just cutting the amount of liquid you use, and not the amount of xanax??

In this situation, I would mix the 1.5mg in the 147 + 3 and then "pull and discard" 10 ml and for 2 weeks drink that amount...........Then if all is well continue with a 20 ml reduction and so on.

In this situation, I would mix the 1.5mg in the 147 + 3 and then "pull and discard" 10 ml and for 2 weeks drink that amount...........Then if all is well continue with a 20 ml reduction and so on.

OK, that's more clear.  And yes, that will work.

But since your going to use liquid, why not do a daily taper, instead of liquid cut&hold?

Well, since my math is terrible, I would like to have an average of a 10% reduction in dosage every 2 weeks.

I have no idea how to achieve this on a daily LT taper with 1.5 mg Xanax with a 147ml water + 3 ml vodka ratio.

I know from the 1ml daily reduction, I would drink 149ml, 148ml, etc, etc but don't know what a 10% would be.

To me, 1ml less every day just seems too slow.

I just recently tried a 25% reduction dry and only made it 3 days, so I think liquid is the way to go...........The only thing is I don't know what parameters to use.

Well, since my math is terrible, I would like to have an average of a 10% reduction in dosage every 2 weeks.

I have no idea how to achieve this on a daily LT taper with 1.5 mg Xanax with a 147ml water + 3 ml vodka ratio.

I know from the 1ml daily reduction, I would drink 149ml, 148ml, etc, etc but don't know what a 10% would be.

To me, 1ml less every day just seems too slow.

I just recently tried a 25% reduction dry and only made it 3 days, so I think liquid is the way to go...........The only thing is I don't know what parameters to use.

150ml (1.5mg) X10% = 15ml (.15mg)

1.5mg in 150ml is .01mg per ml

15ml (.15mg)/15 days = 1ml (.01mg) per day  This is your daily cut amount.

Use this schedule:

150ml    1.5mg

149ml    1.49mg

148ml    1.48mg

147ml    1.47mg

etc....

If you lower your dose 1ml (.01mg) each day for 15 days, at the end of 15 days, you will be at 135ml (1.35mg).  If you cut 15ml (.015mg) and hold for 15 days, at the end of 15 days, you will be 135ml (1.35 mg)   

A daily microtaper is neither slower of faster then a C&H, its just more gentle.

Gotcha, like the old saying "6 or one half dozen of the other"...........it's the same thing.

Thanks, really appreciate it. :thumbsup: